Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
When it comes to these newer modular units I am a total newb. I don't think my 2001 Sable has a changer in it or at least I can't find it. None visible in the center console or trunk. There is a cd button but no slot on my electronic climate control panel. When I push the button it says no disc.

What parts do I need to do this? Is there a particular parts number? Will something like this one work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Once I get all of the parts installation seems to be fairly straight forward but I need your help big ime.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
That is all you need but that's a prett hefty price. I know it's not as common but I've came across a few changers in good shape at the junkyard in tact with wires and cd holder which would cost maybe 10 bucks.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wait...when you push the button it says no disc or no dj? No Disc means no discs are loaded but a CD changer is plugged in and present...no DJ means there is no CD changer plugged in.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hum, says no dj. My bad there. I am going to check the local wrecking yards too. I assume since it says no dj that I will have to buy the harness too or is it already installed?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Just make sure if you get it at the yard to get the CD Changer obviously as long as its all in tact, such as the door opens and closes and the cd magazine. Then just get the wires that come off of it all the way to where they plug into the RCU. I'm not positive and maybe some can comment. I see a lot of 92-99 explorers that have CD changers in the glove box. They may also work with the right wiring out of a Taurus.......

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (nighthawk @ Jun 7 2010, 11:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810246
Hum, says no dj. My bad there. I am going to check the local wrecking yards too. I assume since it says no dj that I will have to buy the harness too or is it already installed?[/b]
You'll need the harness, changer, magazine and the bolts/brackets. I have some brackets for a trunk mounted Gen 4 Sable, as well as cabling and a magazine. All you'd need is the changer.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jun 8 2010, 06:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810310
QUOTE (nighthawk @ Jun 7 2010, 11:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810246
Hum, says no dj. My bad there. I am going to check the local wrecking yards too. I assume since it says no dj that I will have to buy the harness too or is it already installed?[/b]
You'll need the harness, changer, magazine and the bolts/brackets. I have some brackets for a trunk mounted Gen 4 Sable, as well as cabling and a magazine. All you'd need is the changer.
[/b][/quote]

That would be so cool. PM sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts