Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was thinking about putting a torque strap on my engine, but the

instructions in the Modifications area of this web site are for the Gen1,2 and the

3.8 Duratec. Is it relativily the same for my ride? Have any of you Gen3

Vulcan owners tried to put on a torque strap? What supplies would you all

recommend? Thanx, iNJUNjOE

·
Registered
230 Posts
first, if you do a search there are a few threads on making a torque strap already.

but for a gen 3 vulcan the parts are still the same, only instead of wrapping the chain around the mounting bracket for the PS pump, you can loop it through your exhaust manifold and connect that to the subframe. i know people have pics of their setup this way if you are confused as to how to loop it through the manifold.

P.S. the 3.8 is the essex, not the duratec :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, 3.8 Essex not Duratec. My Bad. :oops:

Ok, so I looked at all of the threads for the torque strap, and well it seems all

we need are some pics. So this weekend I will take pictures from every angle I

can get, and all you experts point and/or circle what I should be working with.

I know I'm making this harder than it probably is, but well I don't want to mess up

my ride. :newbie:

·
Registered
230 Posts
i know there was a huge thread with lots of pics a while ago, if it's not on the boards here, then you might want to try searching the archive, there alot of good stuff in there B)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright I didn't get the pictures, yet. But I did figured it out, and it was sooooo simple. Now I just need to know how tight I should make the chain. Should it be immovable tight or with a little slack?

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
You don't want the chain rigid because it's hard to tell when you start to load the engine and pull it forward and down and out of alignment. Just tighten it down so that there's very little slack, so you can barely wiggle it.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It saves wear and tear on the motor mounts on shifting and acceleration. It also transfers more power to the wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts