Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a pointless thread but I just wanted to see if anyone loves Toreador Red as much as I do. I love the way it shines and changes almost to an orange color in the sun and the way it shows the glimmering metallic paint.

Attachments

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, anyone else with pics of their Toreador(96-01) or even Matador Red( i think 02-04) taurus/sable I would like to see them!

well i'm bored today as you all can see, its one of my days off college, I only go on M-W-F but anyways, here are the definitions to the two names

Toreador-a bullfighter, especially one on horseback

Matador- the main bullfighter, whose job is to kill the bull

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Sep 21 2004, 02:21 PM
This explains a lot... bu-bye Taurus. :(

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Sep 21 2004, 01:29 PM
Oh, and BAM! Butt shot.
Thats a nice butt you have there. How often to you get it waxed? :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by carraudio+Sep 21 2004, 02:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carraudio @ Sep 21 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Firespirit@Sep 21 2004, 01:29 PM
Oh, and BAM! Butt shot.
Thats a nice butt you have there. How often to you get it waxed? :eek: [/b][/quote]
:lol:

Surprisingly enough, she was dirty in that picture. But I usually wax her every time I wash her (once a week). She really holds the shine well though! B)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Sep 21 2004, 01:21 PM
oh yeah, anyone else with pics of their Toreador(96-01) or even Matador Red( i think 02-04) taurus/sable I would like to see them!

well i'm bored today as you all can see, its one of my days off college, I only go on M-W-F but anyways, here are the definitions to the two names

Toreador-a bullfighter, especially one on horseback

Matador Red was 02-03, it was dropped in 04 for Merlot.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Toreador/Matador/Merlot is nice, but I was always partial to Chestnut on gen 4's. This from a guy who has had two white gen 4's........

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Merlot-- a red wine made from a variety of black grape

why is it that red is the only color for the taurus that actually means something? lol

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
My father like the color of my Gen III so much, he got his 04 Focus wagon in it...

No pics of the Focus (if you look closely, in the fender of my last post you can see it reflected), but I will put another of my baby...

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you guys seem to like butt pics, so here is one i like

that was before I got the L for my trunklid and the Tint, also you can see my temp registration tag in the window too lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Only bad thing is the red makes the taillights disappear.........

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by sfhess@Sep 21 2004, 05:09 PM
actually that's one of the reasons i like our red so much..it makes the lights blend in a LOT better, and not try to contrast the rest of the color around it

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit+Sep 21 2004, 05:17 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Firespirit @ Sep 21 2004, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sfhess@Sep 21 2004, 05:09 PM
Not if your tail lights are black B) ..... [/b][/quote]
Taillights should be left alone. Blacked out or clear taillights (or brake lights or turn signals) with red (they show up pink) bulbs are VERY difficult to see sometimes by the person behind you. IMO not a good idea (putting on my nomex for the flames to follow)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts