Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
You would need a programmable tuner to do it, and yes..... ANY modification voids the factory warranty.
why do people say that?
it's simply not true.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975

The dealer/vehicle manufacturer has the right to deny a warranty repair but they must demonstrate that the aftermarket part caused the problem. The warranty remains in effect for all other covered parts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Connect laptop to vehicle. In IDS open Module Programming. Go to programmable parameters. Open speed items. You will see a "present" or "not present" on the right hand. side. Left hand side tells you where its set. Default is "present". Click on which one you want. We have had people in the shop do this to their F150 and said it disables the cruise control, but this was not the case on my Taurus. Works just fine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Connect laptop to vehicle. In IDS open Module Programming. Go to programmable parameters. Open speed items. You will see a "present" or "not present" on the right hand. side. Left hand side tells you where its set. Default is "present". Click on which one you want. We have had people in the shop do this to their F150 and said it disables the cruise control, but this was not the case on my Taurus. Works just fine
Where would i get this IDS?

·
Registered
234 Posts
So where do you get that disabling the cruise control which is the "speed item" disables the top speed limiter?

·
Registered
552 Posts
why do people say that?
it's simply not true.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975

The dealer/vehicle manufacturer has the right to deny a warranty repair but they must demonstrate that the aftermarket part caused the problem. The warranty remains in effect for all other covered parts.
I called and asked the dealership before even thinking about putting on an aftermarket intake. They definitely said any aftermarket mod voids any warranty. But it's only ford because I know a guy with a cruze that went to the Chevy dealer with his intake on and they didn't give two cares. Yet another reason ford loses my money with my next car purchase

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
I called and asked the dealership before even thinking about putting on an aftermarket intake. They definitely said any aftermarket mod voids any warranty. But it's only ford because I know a guy with a cruze that went to the Chevy dealer with his intake on and they didn't give two cares. Yet another reason ford loses my money with my next car purchase

Dealers will do whatever doesn't give them a chargeback/in trouble with a mfgr. Dealer behaviors will vary accordingly, regardless of make.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
legally, they cannot say that.
you would lose any warranty on your intake, because you no longer have the factory intake.
but the rest of your warranty remains intact.
suspension, drivetrain, etc etc.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Took my '13 SEL out last night, it is governed to 112ish for me. Had lots of pull up until then.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Kind of shocked it gets up to 120. I figured it'd top out around 112 and quit by programming.
This is what happened with my car. See my last comment. I did get up to 114 over the crest and down a hill though.

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So i would need to use software to remove the governor. Now here is a radical question... what modifications would i need to do for a NOS kit? Mind you the car is completely stock, so i know this is quite an "that escalated quickly" question.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So i would need to use software to remove the governor. Now here is a radical question... what modifications would i need to do for a NOS kit? Mind you the car is completely stock, so i know this is quite an "that escalated quickly" question.

NOS is pretty easy to install. You need a nozzle, tank, lines and a switch. Tank heater too I reckon. There is some math and such involved you'd have to do initially to figure out what size nozzle you'd be needing since I doubt that many people have installed NOS on our cars.

On our cars, it might be a little hard to find a proper nozzle since, well, you know its a Taurus. But otherwise, you could drill and tap the throttle body or manifold where it begins.

My aftermarket intake horn for my 6.0 PSD has boss fitting ports already installed for Water/Meth nozzles.

ETA: My '12 Taurus Limited tops out at around 112,113. Like others have noted, it pulls nice and hard up until then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just remember that F&F was wrong in portraying the number of gears in the car and the actual purpose of NOS... NOS is meant to boost acceleration, not a car's top speed...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
NOS is pretty easy to install. You need a nozzle, tank, lines and a switch. Tank heater too I reckon. There is some math and such involved you'd have to do initially to figure out what size nozzle you'd be needing since I doubt that many people have installed NOS on our cars.

On our cars, it might be a little hard to find a proper nozzle since, well, you know its a Taurus. But otherwise, you could drill and tap the throttle body or manifold where it begins.

My aftermarket intake horn for my 6.0 PSD has boss fitting ports already installed for Water/Meth nozzles.

ETA: My '12 Taurus Limited tops out at around 112,113. Like others have noted, it pulls nice and hard up until then.
But dont i need to change alot of the stock parts also? Like pistons, camshaft ect????

21 - 40 of 50 Posts