Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

281 - 286 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've bounced off the limiter a few times at 111mp/h in a vulcan OHV, let off the gas at 100 in the flexfuel (roomie didn't feel like going faster/spending more on gas) but it felt like it had plenty more to give..

I'll let you know what I can achieve once I get the 'tec waggen :p

Fastest ever was 155 in an 02 BMW 540i.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
107 mph in my Taurus SEL (after SCT tune and the need to try it, just once... :ph34r:)

189 mph in a 2005 Ford GT (not mine, in the family)

On that note, my cousin also brought his car out for a Mojave Mile top speed get-together last year with a bunch of other Ford GT owners, and rang the bell at 202.15 mph.

·
Registered
276 Posts
107 mph in my Taurus SEL (after SCT tune and the need to try it, just once... :ph34r:)

189 mph in a 2005 Ford GT (not mine, in the family)

On that note, my cousin also brought his car out for a Mojave Mile top speed get-together last year with a bunch of other Ford GT owners, and rang the bell at 202.15 mph.
:mellow:

*tries to put 200+ mph into cognitive thought*

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
:mellow:

*tries to put 200+ mph into cognitive thought*
Does not compute. Data does not correspond to accepted system parameters. :lol2:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does not compute. Data does not correspond to accepted system parameters. :lol2:
Pretty much, actually.. :lol2:
Still though, I don't think it would be any different mentally than me doing 25mph in the bull.. Sure things are going by faster and there's more G force involved, but a car is still a car.. and I can still manhandle it.. :evil:

281 - 286 of 286 Posts
About this Discussion
285 Replies
154 Participants
AllGoNoSHO
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing