Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One time me and my buddy where driving on a long lonely road and i was in my bull and he was in his modified Honda Accord with a chip. I wanted to see how fast my bull would go before the governor kicked in so we punched it and he told me we were going 120mph when i flagged him that my governor kicked, Does that sound right to you guys? How fast have yall gone?

·
Registered
971 Posts
i have been to about 90 mph on the freeway in downtown Akron followed closely by a full Toyota Rav4 driven by another Saxophone in KSU marching band, very interesting to say the least :)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
well, my speedometer goes to 120, and then sits itself on the bottom of the instrument panel for anything past that. My guess is somewhere in the 120's.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, very cool. How about some non-SHO Taurus' like mine. Does 120 sound right or does the governor on Bulls like mine go out earlier than that? Another reason for the question is last night me and brother were joy riding in his Dakota R/T and toped out at 115 when the governor kicked in. I was laughing at him telling him that if we raced a long distance i would spank him, i just wanted to make sure that i was not putting my foot in my mouth.

·
Registered
305 Posts
148 in my fathers old Jaguar.

Don't think I've even gone over 100 in this Taurus, but I dont really pay attention to the speedo when I drive unless I see the fuzz.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
144 a few times in the SHO when I first got it. I never go over 135 any more, and even that is a very rare occurance.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I thought the governor was set at 112...at least on Gen3 and 4 non-SHO cars. I think this applies to both Duratecs and Vulcans.

edit...that's without a chip, of course ;)

edit #2...darn, Jason beat me to it :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
In my bull around 125-130 (thank you Atpen Chips - removes the gov.)

fastest ever - I got my 1968 1/2 428CJ Mustang up to 168. That was fun, and a little puckering too I might add.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Nov 30 2005, 02:24 PM
14x in somebody elses SHO, governor at 112 in my Gen 4. ;)
Ditto in my 3rd gen.

Fastest i've gone is somethin just tad on the north side of 135 in my grandparents last lease, the 05 thunderbird. Thats scary though because it was a convertable with the top down. Loud as HELL :blink:. It wasnt done yet either but deer weren't exaclty infrequent in the area so i let off quick.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I fell out of a tree once about 23 feet.

It felt like I was going pretty fast when I hit the ground

Does anyone know what the formula for that is?

Mike
:lol2:

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
i had to have been going between 90-100 since the needle was way past 85

·
Registered
379 Posts
Originally posted by mwt@Nov 30 2005, 03:30 PM

Mike
all in metrics..

Vf^2=Vi^2 + 2*Gravity*distance

Vf^2=0+2*9.8*7.0
Vf^2=137.2
Vf=11.5 m/s=about 26 miles/hour

And Who said anything about legal..

And 112 in my mom's Bonne Could have gone faster, but exit was coming up.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by Falcon2+Nov 30 2005, 01:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Falcon2 @ Nov 30 2005, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mwt@Nov 30 2005, 03:30 PM

Mike
all in metrics..

Vf^2=Vi^2 + 2*Gravity*distance

Vf^2=0+2*9.8*7.0
Vf^2=137.2
Vf=11.5 m/s=about 26 miles/hour

And Who said anything about legal..

And 112 in my mom's Bonne Could have gone faster, but exit was coming up. [/b][/quote]
OMFRIGGIN'GOOGLES!!!!!on3 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

now that is some pretty friggin' funny stuff right there, I don't care who ya are.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
110 limiter on my 95.
105 in the 04 1st day i had it alone.
120+ in NickSaturday's Regal
130+ in Mufflerman's "stock" 95 sable.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Somewhat of a tie..

SHO - 135 chasing a crotch rocket, he must have been going 160+ because he was leaving me like I put the brakes on. Never brought it to the governor, needs new struts, strut mounts, and tires before that would be attempted.

Regal GS - North of 125, off the speedometer the needle was pointing into the gear selection, so I'd venture a guess of 135-140.

Anyone know what a newer Lincoln LS V8 is limited at?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts