Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I thought this thread would be about the repeated stuff people post about here.

- Questions about "Cold-air" induction systems

- "Which cosmetic xxxx do you like better" posts

- "What can I do to make my Taurus as fast as a ZR-1" posts

- "How do I (insert simple maintenance procedure)" posts

- Users asking questions that have been answered many times previously and not using the SEARCH function.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
sfhess you hit the nail.
Some of these kids nowadays want instant gratification, searching takes too much time.
I will search the prev. threads before asking a question, this way I'll be prepared to digest the answer or be equipped to do the testing.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
What I don't understand is that they don't understand that searching brings up results faster then posting and waiting an hour or day for a response that could be irrelevant, like telling them to search!

·
Registered
461 Posts
But don't forget that posting (even if redundant) makes the board look like it's being used. If everybody used SEARCH to find their answers the board would look pretty dead.

I can think of one board I frequent that I SWEAR either has computer-generated posts or people that are constantly posting to the board to make it look busy. Maybe this affects ad revenue somehow??

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
You can Thank Jason Kennedy who sold the forum that he didn't really own to Autoguide for the ads.

Mike.
B)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts