Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. The bull rides agian!

My 93 GL has a new (remanufactured) transmission direct from ford, and actually works now (had to take it back in, the vehicle speed sensor was faulty so it didnt shift right at first)

Anyways, I am happy with the car in general, but there is always room for improvement (dont get me wrong, but a taurus leaves alot to be desired in the perfomance area)

I would like to make it faster. I dont need to be a dyno hero, or get super low 1/4 mile times, but i would like to have a car that *feels* faster than it does now. I am looking at my options and i want to know where my money will best be spent.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Take out the intake silencer :D Sound makes you feel faster :banana:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Before you do the go-fast goodies, I *HIGHLY* recommend you put a tranny cooler on there before you start storming dragstrips.

:edit: A shift-kit would make your car not only feel faster, but be faster. Also, do a search in the Engine forum, or look in the Archive, about a resistor that increases the speed and firmness of shifting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question, does the K&N air filter make a noticable difference? Ive talked to people who use them in other cars and trucks, they all say it makes a noticable difference in the "seat of your pants" dyno.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
A high flow air filter may get you 5 hp and a very minimal increase in gas mileage. It takes about 20hp to be able to really "feel" a difference.

A vehicle can vary up to 10hp depending on weather alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts