Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tons of air in my power steering and the way i know this when i have the car running it builds pressure and bubbles in tank and the repair book says i should start the car with wheels strait then turn the steering wheel left then right and repeat does any one know if that is the right way..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i think i am fallowing but still very confused

Had the same problem when I reassembled mine. The system needs to be bled under a vacuum. I found a procedure somewhere, but basically you get a rubber stopper which fits the top of the reservoir and a vacuum brake bleeder. Drill a hole in the stopper such that the brake bleeder tubing can attach to it and be sealed. You then run the system while pulling a vacuum(less than 20"HG) with the brake bleeder. Shut the engine, add fluid, repeat until the fluid level only changes 3/8" between running and not running. I could not achieve the 3/8" spec, but got it down to about 3/4". The rest did work its way out eventually and now it's fine.
how does that work what do use for vacuum

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The brake bleeder is the hand held pump you use to pull brake fluid through the brake lines. It has a small fitting that a hose fits over. The other end of the hose goes through a hole drilled in the rubber stopper.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The brake bleeder is the hand held pump you use to pull brake fluid through the brake lines. It has a small fitting that a hose fits over. The other end of the hose goes through a hole drilled in the rubber stopper.
OH OK :D know i under stand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts