Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a noticable difference between a component set and a similar level two way speaker with a seperate tweeter?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I bought an Infinity component set which was single 6x9 woofers for the rear deck and tweeters for the front. This combined with some Infinity two ways in the doors was great when used with a sub in the trunk. The rear deck speakers really filled in the low mid range.

·
Registered
587 Posts
yes there is it happen to have better sound quality because of the xovers card for the components. you could by a 512 band eq or similar. then try setting it to the speaker but do not think it will work as easily as the x over card. takes a lot of skill to set a big eq we had a hard time at school trying to set one. any ways i use cadence speaker if i spelled it correctly. i got them off ebay for 59.99 for a pair there rated 75 rms and have silk speakers. there real good for sq i think they sound good compared to a lot of stuff i have heard. i have Owen infinity kappas and reference speakers. 6x9 and 6x8's also have had directed 6x8 components pioneer etc.. and like the cadence the best. i will get a link to them if they are still around or a good set of polks if they are still sold .

·
Registered
587 Posts
Here are the cadence and I do not think these will fit but I got the z kit and these were the better ones compare to mine the cadence I show at the link share part with morel speaker I hear but there is no way to prove it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CADENCE-CWM6-KIT-ALUMINUM-ALLOY-6-5-COMPONENT-KIT-/290449883591?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item43a02981c7

These are the best polk made

http://cgi.ebay.com/SR5250-POLK-AUDIO-5-25-2-WAY-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-NEW-/110545582156?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item19bd07b84c

And these polk are not bad
http://cgi.ebay.com/POLK-AUDIO-DB5251-5-25-2-WAY-250W-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-/290422350416?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item439e856250

to add these are not bad either do some research and see what you like best

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7930/RSD5cs--Phoenix-Gold-525"-Component-Speaker-System.htm

·
Registered
587 Posts
i wish i could find the article on eq setting but could not. it refers to certin listing and refers to silk as being the prefered choice for sq meterial for tweeters. because the sound from the metalized like aluminum or even mylar being to buzzy or twangy or tin sounding like it is to bright for the ears. this is were soffter meteral subject to break in periods that have broken in will have a softer sound. btw it was a article by kicker on their eq's

any ways if you buy one set you may not like thm you may end out buying another and another till you find one you like kinda like i did. also i was watching out for cdt and woofers etc in genral. i seen some items get bought from them that were open and not working right. of couse they took them back and their replacements were about the same. any ways those 5.25 phenoix golds i bought at woofersetc.. and did not like them but had other people like them so go figre. i liked my cadence but i was told there on the bright side just keep those thoughts in mind, when i say i thought the pg were a little on the soft side. but it all depends on tweet composition and what you like so keep it in mind if you got the cash to by 5 or 6 sets of 600 dollar componet. i would say do it if you do not there are some good alternitives out there like the pg's and the cadence etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
is there a noticable difference between a component set and a similar level two way speaker with a seperate tweeter?
Simple answer yes. More difficult answer is you can buy a really nice coaxial speaker and it will outperform a junk component speaker all day long. Your price point, what you want out of your car, and how much work you are willing to put into it will decide which is better for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts