Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2002 SES will be in need of some new tires soon. Id like to have something a little wider.

Stock is P215 60 R16

Anyone out there have 245's ?
is 245 50 R16 the same height as a 215 60 R16 ?

I searched for sites that can tell you what sidewall is needed for what width to make the tire the same height but cant find any. Anyone know of one?

Curtis

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
You need 225/55. Your rim is only 6 inches wide. You have to look at the tire manufactures recomendations and don't go wider than they say for a 6" rim. If you want a wider rim you need an SHO wheel or Centennial wheel which is 6.5" wide. Or you could go aftermarket for rims. If you go 225 or wider you may rub a little on the rear, but that is easily filed off and fixed with touch up paint.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Chances are you still have crappy OEM ones. I have yokohama avid tourings, and they are a huge improvement over stock ones. I have 215/60/16.

-DC

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought Hankook Ventus Hr Ii Tires P225/55's from Pep Boys about 3 weeks ago. They are a little lower profile and wider. Nice tire on dry and wet roads. They are directionals thou. Rotation is stuck to, same side, front to back and back to front. I like them so far. And run my car in turns hard (cant wait for sways, struts and springs thou...) <_<

The Hankooks were like $85 a piece.

G

·
225/55 would be the size you want. Its the biggest in width that you can get on a 6" rim. Check out my Cardomain site or Garage for some pics. Go to Pep Boys and get the tires there. Good tires, and cheap too! (I know, I work there) Ventus HRIIs are the ones they should have available. Due to the reason that they discontinued the UltraZs (due to lack of sales).

SableSal

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Lack of sales????
I am on my 4th set and they are some damn sexy tires. grrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jul 21 2004, 08:26 PM
Lack of sales????
I am on my 4th set and they are some damn sexy tires. grrrrrrrrrrr.
4th set !? on a 2003?

You must have had them on other cars....

Curtis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts