Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LMAO take this guy's que and git 'er dun!

Seriously though, due to the credit crisis, a lot of people are taking to torching their cars and/or reporting them stolen. I was reading on Autoblog about a Chrysler Pacifica that had been reported stolen 98 times accross the country.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Yeah, because hoooray, the intelligent thing to do is torch your car when times get tough, making auto insurance more expensive for the rest of us. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt say that I support the idea, ha, I was just reporting that its happening a lot now and this is likely one of the examples.

Especially now since they're catching on. They really start to notice when it happends to be a new car with a factory passive anti-theft (and/or if you've been behind on your payments recently). They spoke of the large new-gen GM SUVs (Tahoe, Yukon, etc), which are almost impossible to steal without a key.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I didn't necessarily mean you supported the idea John, but it did kinda sound like you did when you posted it.

Its nearly impossible to steal those Chrysler 300s as well, so thats probably why the guy resorted to torching it.
A shame, I dont get why he wouldn't sell it or trade it in.
Or hey, maybe not buy a car he couldn't frigin afford!

Heres an idea for America, BUY **** YOU CAN AFFORD!
The reason that I own my Intrepid ES is because I worked my ass off to afford to buy it as a 16 year old kid in 2005, the reason I own my Intrepid SE is because I bought it dirt cheap because it needs a new engine, and the reason I own my Oldsmobile is through the generosity of my grandfather who didn't feel like getting shafted in trade.
I outright own all of my vehicles, don't owe a penny on any of them, and thats just how I like it, even if their value does decline year after year.
They mean much more to me as cars than as cash.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
They've been doing that around here for years. Usually when the economy goes south.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
[/b]
QFT.

I also outright own my vehicles (the ones that have titles anyway) and I will never own a brand-new car because I will never be able to afford one. I'm not taking out a loan for something I don't need.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Agreed. I am paying off my Taurus, but I actually bought it because I work my ass for it. The thought of torching it never crossed my mind, but people are also lazy.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
How bout this one ..... POOR PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BUY HOUSES/TAKE OUT LOANS/OR BUY CARS THEY CAN'T AFFORD!!!!!!
[/b]
+1

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
What I'm thinking is that Chrysler isn't even going to be around when the thing breaks down...people think Chrysler service sucks now just wait till GM liquidates them

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
What I'm thinking is that Chrysler isn't even going to be around when the thing breaks down...people think Chrysler service sucks now just wait till GM liquidates them
[/b]
Interesting, considering I have dealt with my local Dodge dealership, Ford dealership, and GM dealership and the people at my local Dodge dealership are MUCH more knowledgeable, MUCH nicer, and don't charge as much for the same services.

I love blanket bashing, its just so awesome! :unsure:

Oh, and GM and Chrysler merging is the STUPIDEST idea ever.
That partnership wouldn't help either company at all and would simply end up in the liquidation of Chrysler.
GM needs to spend its time and money on its own cars and their (lack of) sales.
Why they would try and buy/merge with Chrysler when there is NO upside to that decision is utterly beyond me.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Oh, and GM and Chrysler merging is the STUPIDEST idea ever.
That partnership wouldn't help either company at all and would simply end up in the liquidation of Chrysler.
GM needs to spend its time and money on its own cars and their (lack of) sales.
Why they would try and buy/merge with Chrysler when there is NO upside to that decision is utterly beyond me.
[/b]
The reason (I think there's another thread about this somewhere) is to get a bigger cut of the automotive bailout and a bigger cut of the loan bailout.

Otherwise, all GM could possibly want is Jeep so they can dump Hummer. Or maybe they want to replace all the GM management... (we can hope) :unsure:

Unfortunately, it looks like Cerberus fully intends to sell/merge Chrysler to somebody... if not GM then probably Nissan/Renault, and who knows what would become of that... we remember what happened to AMC when they jumped in bed with Renault... :noes:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I didn't necessarily mean you supported the idea John, but it did kinda sound like you did when you posted it.

Its nearly impossible to steal those Chrysler 300s as well, so thats probably why the guy resorted to torching it.
A shame, I dont get why he wouldn't sell it or trade it in.
Or hey, maybe not buy a car he couldn't frigin afford!

The reason that I own my Intrepid ES is because I worked my ass off to afford to buy it as a 16 year old kid in 2005, the reason I own my Intrepid SE is because I bought it dirt cheap because it needs a new engine, and the reason I own my Oldsmobile is through the generosity of my grandfather who didn't feel like getting shafted in trade.
I outright own all of my vehicles, don't owe a penny on any of them, and thats just how I like it, even if their value does decline year after year.
They mean much more to me as cars than as cash.
[/b]
He probably couldn't sell it or trade it in for what it was worth. In other words, he was probably upside down on the loan, worth more torched than a trade in or sale. In that situation he would probably have to come up with extra money in order to sell it. And he probably didn't want to hurt his credit rating by waiting for the bank to come take it back.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My experiances with the two closest Chrysler/Dodge dealerships to where I lived in Washington were horrible. One in particular kept my Concorde for two weeks, charged me $300+, and fixed nothing. They managed to get oil stains on the front and rear (!) floor mats and console, put about 1,000 miles on the car, and tell me that the brand new power steering pump I had just put on was not the problem (I'm not sure what that had to do with an engine misfire). They also reset all of my preset radio stations (changed them to heavy metal/hard rock) and took my sun glasses.

The other charged me $230 and also fixed nothing. They also caused my BRAKE(P)! and ABS light to come on (wasnt on before I dropped the car off), but to their credit, they fixed that. I had to wait 3.5 hours longer but they did fix it.

I ended up fixing the car myself, but four months later, the tranny lost 3rd and 4th gear and a little while later, the engine threw a rod. I ended up giving my $3,000 car away for free to a scrap metal hauler. Safe to say I wont be in another Chrysler anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
FWIW, the only car dealer I've ever been in that was an enjoyable experience was a Volvo dealer, and one Ford dealer where I happened to run into a salesman who I went to high school with. I tend to stay away from car dealers unless I need to buy a car...they're generally all pretty lousy :p Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, etc...blah blah blah GET ME OUT OF HERE! :lol:

If I need parts, I try to avoid the showroom like the plague.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I've had 2 good dealership experiences.

The first was where I bought my Ford, no longer in business, but they were fantastic.

The second was in North Carolina (**** Parker Ford in Havelock)

When I went on vacation in August, my car felt like it was pulling a bit, and even after checking my tires, I decided to have them take a look at it before I drove all the way back from NC to IL (didn't wanna rip up my precious Contis :p ). The camber on the rear wheel was a bit off, $55 to do a full 4 wheel alignment. They had it done in about 30-40 minutes, thing feels perfect, I can take both hands off the wheel and it will not pull at all on a good flat road.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
My experiances with the two closest Chrysler/Dodge dealerships to where I lived in Washington were horrible. One in particular kept my Concorde for two weeks, charged me $300+, and fixed nothing. They managed to get oil stains on the front and rear (!) floor mats and console, put about 1,000 miles on the car, and tell me that the brand new power steering pump I had just put on was not the problem (I'm not sure what that had to do with an engine misfire). They also reset all of my preset radio stations (changed them to heavy metal/hard rock) and took my sun glasses.

The other charged me $230 and also fixed nothing. They also caused my BRAKE(P)! and ABS light to come on (wasnt on before I dropped the car off), but to their credit, they fixed that. I had to wait 3.5 hours longer but they did fix it.

I ended up fixing the car myself, but four months later, the tranny lost 3rd and 4th gear and a little while later, the engine threw a rod. I ended up giving my $3,000 car away for free to a scrap metal hauler. Safe to say I wont be in another Chrysler anytime soon.
[/b]
I know, John.

I've heard your Anti-Chrysler stories plenty of times now.
Every time someone brings them up, I get to hear about your poor, poor Concorde.

If you don't like Chrysler, thats fine.
Everyone is freely entitled to their own opinion.
Its fine for you to have yours and me to have mine.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didnt say your opinion is not valid because mine is, far from it. Dont take it personally everytime somebody has something bad to say about Chrysler. Truth is, they are behind the curve in quality, its just a fact. For example, the new Sebring convertable ranks 283% below average in reliability according to Consumer Reports. Say what you will about them, but thats just a fact. Meanwhile, they've actually started to praise Ford, saying its ahead of its domestic rivals in quality and is now on par with the better Japanese car makers. The proof is in the pudding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts