Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my current tire's are pissing me off, i did not notice it but the guy i bought it from had 3 different types of tires on it. Currently it has 2 Kumho touring tires, 1 Kumho Ecsta LX and 1 Formoza FD-1 and now they are beginning to make a horrific noise when i go passed 55 MPH. i need help looking for a good set of tires that will handle great in any weather (i live in California.) and i make a lot of some what shape turns (i drive through some mountains to get to work). I'm willing to spend some money but not to much......limit is about 550.00 dollars... can someone please help me out with this, i would really appreciate it.........

Note tire size is 215-60-16's

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I have Goodyear Assurance tires on my bull right now, they were put on right before I bought the car and I love them, they handle great and they are really quiet. - I went this entire past winter without slipping or sliding once and I drove through some pretty heavy snow.

I have also had really good experiences with Kuhmo tires, they handle good and are also really quiet. - Maybe if you have all four of the same Kuhmo tires you'll actually like them! haha

Hope this helps!
David

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (DavidLaMattina @ Jun 1 2010, 05:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808451
I have Goodyear Assurance tires on my bull right now, they were put on right before I bought the car and I love them, they handle great and they are really quiet. - I went this entire past winter without slipping or sliding once and I drove through some pretty heavy snow.

I have also had really good experiences with Kuhmo tires, they handle good and are also really quiet. - Maybe if you have all four of the same Kuhmo tires you'll actually like them! haha

Hope this helps!
David[/b]

yea that's true, my friend a set of Kumho's on his civic and it cornered pretty well and had great wet traction. well I'm looking on tirerack.com for set. but i will check out the Goodyear's tho, thx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't forget to keep an eye out for tire store online discount coupon's and tire manufacturer rebate's. A few year's ago, got a nice set of Dunlop Sport A2's from Discount Tire with a $60 off coupon, plus a $50 manufacturer's mail in rebate. Very nice tire's, and actually part of Goodyear now. My math show's that at $110 buck's worth of extra food on the table, so worth looking into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts