Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna share this, old school but maybe good to know.
Used Taurus, Firestone ~80% tread on it. It drifts to the right, faster worse, worse after dropping the air from 46 to 36. Just what was in it when I bought it. Today, jacked it up and switched front tires side to side and now drifts to the left. About the same amount on non crowned pavement.

Used to be more common but not so much today. Issue is one tire belt is a bit of a cone rather than a cylinder. No fix. However put both on the rear and the car will not notice any more. However, done this before, the bad tire will wear faster and one side will wear out first. Usually inner side wear.

Just sharing for your data bank.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gonna share this, old school but maybe good to know.
Used Taurus, Firestone ~80% tread on it. It drifts to the right, faster worse, worse after dropping the air from 46 to 36. Just what was in it when I bought it. Today, jacked it up and switched front tires side to side and now drifts to the left. About the same amount on non crowned pavement.

Used to be more common but not so much today. Issue is one tire belt is a bit of a cone rather than a cylinder. No fix. However put both on the rear and the car will not notice any more. However, done this before, the bad tire will wear faster and one side will wear out first. Usually inner side wear.

Just sharing for your data bank.

-chart-
Switched the tire I guessed as the bad one from the front to the rear and car as neutral as I can tell. Feels very nice. Dropped all tires to 36# cold.

Made up a little chart of the original fronts in tread depth. All 4 tires made the same week, 4 years ago. Both rear tires 7/32 across and agrees with the good front one.
Just sharing.

-chart-

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts