·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
moth balls???

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Moth balls are used in closets to keep moths from eating clothes that have been stored for some time. He's saying that if you're going to store the car, put moth balls in it, which will keep moths out of it.

JR

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
Don't you also put them around the tires too?

Are you actually looking for tips for this winter, or simply just posting for the sake of starting a new thread?

I was typing up a response and then decided it may not even be worth it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just post tips for any winter. Its a new thread i guess i started it, to help people out who might not know any tips on winterizing there car. Kinda like me.

Like storing it for the winter.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I'd also recommend putting sand bags in the back of your FWD car I know someone that did that :blink:

Seriously, just make sure the car is up in maintenance.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the owners manual have a section on this?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If there is i can not find it, what do u look under?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
uh....

well I usually use graphite spray in the door/trunk locks
silicone spray all weather seals
charge battery & other usual maintenance

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Be sure to switch the air in your tires from summer to winter air :D
[/b]
Hey, is your name Jordan by any chance?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow were asking names now?

ok keep them tips coming.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Nah, I think I know him :D

If so, he owns a 96 Silver Sable with a 3.0L V6 Vulcan, I work with him (For now)

He also happens to own a Mustang back at his home. Basically, I am 99.9% sure I know him, if so, great to know more people on the club :ford:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so this warm weather in Chicago is nice, right. This snow is melting, though i don't know if Santa will be able to land on the roof. Might have to upgrade to a car/ flying car.

so this warm weather in Chicago is nice, right. This snow is melting, though i don't know if Santa will be able to land on the roof. Might have to upgrade to a car/ flying car.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Moth balls are used in closets to keep moths from eating clothes that have been stored for some time. He's saying that if you're going to store the car, put moth balls in it, which will keep moths out of it.

JR
[/b]
they also do a damn good job keeping mice out of the car.....

Andrew

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Get your car oil sprayed in the late fall right before the snow hits. This will protect the undercarriage from salt corrosion. Also get it oil sprayed in the early spring after the snow stops coming down. This will prevent the thawing salt from doing more damage.

Slather some vaseline in places on your car where water tends to sit (such as the bottom of your doors, just inside the wheel wells, trunk lid, etc).

Make sure your fluids are all topped up. Carry an extra bottle of windshield washer fluid in the back of your car. Keep it topped up. Get wiper blades that don't suck.

Carry a safety kit in your trunk with a warm blanket, some flares, a rain poncho, a canospare, tow rope, and booster cables. These can be had for $20. Also, keep your cell phone charged in case your car breaks down and you need to call for help.

Get snow tires. If you can't or don't want to, get good all-season tires with deep treads. These suck on dry roads but will save you in the snow.

And the most important, and cheapest tip to follow:

Change your driving habits! Getting there 5 minutes earlier is not worth your life. Drive especially slow in slippery conditions, up and down hills, and around blind curves. If people tailgate to get you to go faster, **** 'em. They will be the architects of their own demise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts