Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be working on a neighbor's Taurus this evening replacing her damaged front bumper. Not sure of the year exactly but I can tell it's a '92-'95 body style.

Anyway, just wondering of there's any tip/tricks on removing and replacing the front bumper and support (looks like the support is plastic?). I'll be doing it at her place so I'd like to be able to bring all the proper tools over and not have to keep going back home for more tools

Appreciate any help/tips. I searched but couldn't find much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, after digging around online some more - it looks like I should just be able to unbolt the bumper support from the two shock arms (I guess 8 bolts total), and then the bumper just slides off straight away from the car.

Anybody confirm this?

I worked on a family member's '94 Taurus a year or so ago. The header panel was broken and made the headlights all floppy. That was kind of a pain. I just hope I don't have to screw with all that to get the bumper off. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I see why nobody replied. Literally just a few bolts, bumper support built right into the bumper. Easy peasy. The hardest part was those annoying little clips that hold the lower lip to the bumper

I've never seen so much plastic in my life :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts