Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie: Hey Taurus and Sable fans whats up? I just joined the other day and I was curious if you guys could pile up a list of upgrades for my 97 Sable LS (DOHC)>? Or even anything compatible? I'm farely sure everythings almost the same on tauruses and sables from 96- 01 :newbie:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Please use the search function to find information on upgrades and mods. Also, looks through the garages. There are hundreds of posts about basic modifications and such. They are easy to find and plentiful.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
First off welcome to the club!

Ther anre may modifictations, depending on skill level and money.

On the easy end, you can do:

Cold Air Intake (CAI), Exhaust, Remove intake silencer, etc.

On the extreme end, you can:

Do SVT Heads and Cams, Engine Swap, Diffrent FDR (final Drive Ratio)

Please look at my garage (btton at the bottom of my post) and others as well.

Search is your friend as these topics aare hashed over and over. Just take an hour to look and save yourself the hassle and flaming.

Feel free to ask questions!

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Or you can be the first or one of the first to supercharge a 3rd gen taurus / sable. Just don't create another thread about it, there's already like 10.

I may do something wild like that for my Sable come spring / summer if I can come across the parts for cheap, prefrably from a used supercoupe so I know how to re assemple everything. I'd love to see the looks of people as my sable flys down the dragstrip. I already have the Volvo as a drag project, but I think the sable would be a cool idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts