Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
would you reccomend having your windshield tinted??
No.

In many states its illegal and also it impairs your ability to see ahead by a percentage especially at night or inclement weather. Its not going to be sunny 24/7 and its not gonna be sunny every day. Just get good polarized sunglasses its like tint you can take off. Did wonders for me.

·
Registered
374 Posts
On top of that you would have to get a notice from your doctor that you are at high risk for skin cancer and then submit that to your DMV for your exemption sticker (Prevents harassment from the police and in states where inspections are done, they will still pass you).

I would rather see this though:

PPG Blue Blocker... Blue Reflect Windshields

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Thats pretty cool, but still illegal. They need to see inside your vehicle while driving down the road basically. *sigh*

I wouldnt tint it because at night with 35% tint You cant see **** unless you roll your windows down.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yeah, and you are not going to get skin cancer from sunlight going through the glass. Glass is naturally effective at blocking UV rays. It blocks a lot the UV B and C, and it converts UV A to infared. If that is a serious concern, you could wear sunscreen all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts