Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I am having a rattling sound coming from the engine of my 2008 Ford Taurus Limited when started after sitting overnight, and I am of the opinion that the timing chain needs replacing and I plan to replace the Water Pump at the same time. I was planning on doing it myself, however; with my present disability it might be too much for me to handle. Consequently, I am using this medium to ascertain if anyone can recommend a good Ford mechanic in Katy or Richmond Texas who I could have undertake this project. Any and all suggestion/recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
827 Posts
Hi Folks,
I am having a rattling sound coming from the engine of my 2008 Ford Taurus Limited when started after sitting overnight, and I am of the opinion that the timing chain needs replacing and I plan to replace the Water Pump at the same time. I was planning on doing it myself, however; with my present disability it might be too much for me to handle. Consequently, I am using this medium to ascertain if anyone can recommend a good Ford mechanic in Katy or Richmond Texas who I could have undertake this project. Any and all suggestion/recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
I would try a oil change first to find out if it is lack of lube on start up.

· Registered
4,045 Posts
It's a lot of work, regardless if it's a 3.0 or a 3.5. But yes, cold start rattles are usually timing chain/guide related. As above, may see if an oil change quiets it or resolves it temporarily, but if not you should fix it sooner rather than later.

· Registered
3 Posts
It's a lot of work, regardless if it's a 3.0 or a 3.5. But yes, cold start rattles are usually timing chain/guide related. As above, may see if an oil change quiets it or resolves it temporarily, but if not you should fix it sooner rather than later.
Thanks for your input it is greatly appreciated and I concur that I will have to bite the bullet and fix it sooner than later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts