Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
wow.

no offense to people with ambitions for things, but your comments are pretty interesting.

I would like to be stomped by a Ford, to start with.

Infact, I have a 600 Katana that is bone stock in the engine that will smoke a firehawk so please stomp me with your ford. I would like to see my world rocked by people running their lips.

As for the sport bikers running their mouth behind the gates, we were in the parking lot too... u guys kept to yourself. For that matter, I dont have a problem with you guys doing your thing but stereotyping is typical of people with lesser intelligence.

The ignorant comments brought me a good laugh, I thank you for that. Im glad that Taurus + community has a forum, its helpful for people whom have questions, need work done etc. I work for BMW and there are plenty of enthusiasts that are apart of forums and some have some knowledge. I appreciate that but with production brakes and programming defferals alot of their information is close but inaccurate. Regardless, I appreciate the concern they have for their vehicles.

In regards for everything else, the biker racism or whatever you want to call it, I own two cars too... not just bikes. No they aren't taurus', nor am I apart of online forums for those makes but to me its transportation. I think its cool you guys have a community and people to fellowship with but running mouths with false accusations about stomping bikes etc, generalizing riders and so on isnt courteous. Did the video rattle you? That was their fun, rebuttle on them.

If you want to get in my face for it, I didn't see anyone objecting to it; you were all hiding in your corner when 'it was going down.' Im not an e-thug, nor scared of peeps whom wanna talk chit online and be your best friend when they meet you in person.

From what I got, someone was refering to the taurus as not being a puzzy magnet cuz the owner is married. I couldnt figured out where that comment from Utube came from; but its cool. I see the taurus as a successful model through the years w comfortable, safe engineering from the FMG.

A bike requires skills to drive, not a lead foot. Thats why many go down etc; its an ego equalizer. I have a busa that has hit over 200mph, verified. I use to take it to the drag strips, and it has been on the track. There are no chickenstrips(meaning unworn tread on the sides of the tires, since it has had knees down) and I ride rain/shine on the weekends, about 20k a year. Does it take more skill to drive a bike, yes. Does that make anyone better then others? nope. It means they have more experience in something.

As for them being unknowledgeable in Ford models etc, Im sure the same applies to this forum about bikes. Guess why? its not discussed.

so start your flaming, as I figure will happen as you try to uncut another forum/community in your comfortable one. Wish you guys the best, next time say hi or continue fighting w the BMW club you referenced earlier. Sorry you couldn't laugh along with the people that made that clip on youtube and it was so offensive. Its a car, its a bike, learn to laugh a little, you'll live longer.

Best wishes(and if this detered you from getting a bike, you may be better off in a car since the moto community eats riders apart that want to pose about riding fast etc and doesn't deliver, just to let you know.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lmao, how am I a poser for having horns? Damn these guys are dumb, this makes me really not want to get a bike anymore, even though there are other individuals with bikes that are cool. I'll just continue stomping on bikes like I do from time to time when they start revving at me. :)

4 wheels > 2 wheels
Cage > No cage
Life > Death
August 23rd > * ..... :)
[/b]

looking at your sig... and your car's 1/4 mile time, i'd be kinda leary about putting up any money with you "stomping" sportbikes. even stock 600's have 1/4 mile times in the upper 10's

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
As for them being unknowledgeable in Ford models etc, Im sure the same applies to this forum about bikes. Guess why? its not discussed.

[/b]
:blink: It's not a matter of being unknowledgeable in Ford Models...it's being able to read/recognize symbols. I don't ride bikes, but I can read what brand they are, unless of course it is been de-badged.

I don't quite understand why you went through the effort to make a username and waste your time and ours by posting on this board, what were you trying to get out of this?

:dunno:

·
Registered
43 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
:blink: It's not a matter of being unknowledgeable in Ford Models...it's being able to read/recognize symbols. I don't ride bikes, but I can read what brand they are, unless of course it is been de-badged.

I don't quite understand why you went through the effort to make a username and waste your time and ours by posting on this board, waht were you trying to get out of this?

:dunno:
[/b][/quote]
it seems he is offering up a different side of the story. a couple people on here seem to be all talk, i doubt that peeing in a few bikes gas tanks would go over very well... I know bikers keep a pretty close eye on their bikes. I was the one that took the video, it was all in fun. I had never seen a taurus with ground effects and people standing all around to admire it. here, that is called posing. and i saw the guys looking at me as i was walking around holding the video camera, nobody came up to say hi or ask what i was doing... they just sat there looking at me. I'd be glad to ride my bike up there and and video them walking around it to critique it, or let Mr. WRX with his barely 13 second car "stomp" me... for pinks even... I could use a new car, my 86 taurus is getting pretty beat up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fkn rocketeers....they think they are so cool! I think we should show up at their next biker rally or whatever you want to call it and rev our engines. See how they like it! :angryfire:

BTW...new to the site :D

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
it seems he is offering up a different side of the story. a couple people on here seem to be all talk, i doubt that peeing in a few bikes gas tanks would go over very well... I know bikers keep a pretty close eye on their bikes. I was the one that took the video, it was all in fun. I had never seen a taurus with ground effects and people standing all around to admire it. here, that is called posing. and i saw the guys looking at me as i was walking around holding the video camera, nobody came up to say hi or ask what i was doing... they just sat there looking at me. I'd be glad to ride my bike up there and and video them walking around it to critique it, or let Mr. WRX with his barely 13 second car "stomp" me... for pinks even... I could use a new car, my 86 taurus is getting pretty beat up
[/b]
Making custom modifications is posing? please explain?

·
Registered
43 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
no, making custom mods is not posing... spending 30 minutes beside your car in a parking lot is posing. but everyone needs practice. I ride a suzuki hayabusa and everyone knows that is the best bike to pose with... hell even chicks do it. I've had lots of practice and I KNOW posing when i see it

<div class='quotemain'> Look, we're famous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TdTzK-SnAI

I never knew Buick made a MarkVII :dunno: Who knew racist needledick crotch-rocketeers would think they're better than everyone? I SURE DIDNT! :rolleyes:

Freaking jackasses. [/b]
WTF..... Bet they didn't say a ###### word to your face...

Was Ryan there too? I'll get the meet added to his profile too.
[/b][/quote]

can you add the meet to my profile too, I was there but with a different crowd. I didn't know about this site but I'm glad i found it

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
no, making custom mods is not posing... spending 30 minutes beside your car in a parking lot is posing. but everyone needs practice. I ride a suzuki hayabusa and everyone knows that is the best bike to pose with... hell even chicks do it. I've had lots of practice and I KNOW posing when i see it
[/b][/quote]

Oh, well that sentence was ambiguous.. anyway..

See I know our meets up here in the north east, we stand around the cars, but usually we're talking, bs'ing, having a good time..we're not trying to "pose" :dunno:

·
Registered
43 Posts
same here in houston and we do it with bikes... and obviously ford tauri... is that plural for ford taurus? any way... I just say pose, that word easily brings out denial in people that are ashamed of it.... but what better way to pick up the women, right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
same here in houston and we do it with bikes... and obviously ford tauri... is that plural for ford taurus? any way... I just say pose, that word easily brings out denial in people that are ashamed of it.... but what better way to pick up the women, right?
[/b]

Hey ... Ima poser ... and proud of it! :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Making custom modifications is p osing? please explain?
[/b]

usually it is... there are very few ground effects, exhaust modifications that create any significant power increases/driveability improvements other then sight and sound.

If by changing out mufflers there is a significant increase in power, the car needs to be dropped. That means the manufactorer wasn't intelligent enought to create a decent vehicle themselves within smog regulations. As for body kits, most are for show. The taurus has a false low end; can be seen in the video. When I build/install kits I know they aren't going to be used to their potential. Most people install running boards, front and rear bumper covers or slip ons.

The lips/slip ons are usually add-ons. Carbon fiber or not, that's extra weight. You dont need additional drag for the street or likely strip.

Best mods for a street car is in the suspension. Since these vehicles(taurus) are front wheel drive, if you are tracking increase spring rate but only increase dampening a little. This will help correct the rear sway(notorious in these cars) a sway bar set up shouldn't be too large/tight cuz that wont allow for required flex found on the street. Lowering the car could bring problems since the subframes are counterintuative, but for price, lowering it would give the most effect of 'feel good' performance on the street if you dont track it. Mainly, you need to drop sway from the sidewall flex on the tires, that prevents alot of undercutting when turning and suspension preload on the steering axis. That pitch wont roll the rear as much and put the inner rear wheel into a light load condition as quickly.

As for whls, factory wheels are usually a lighter alloy compound, and I'd prefer a stock look of a car I wanted to taunt someone with instead of being gaudy. My car has wheels(lost 6 pounds each on 16s, not going to 17s plus) full suspension, muffler removal(no tailpipe, down pipe behind rear axle) and xenon bulbs from a bimmer. And its a commuter. Otherwise, shortenshifter for less movement, clutch block for less throw, k and n cone filter with my own intake tube(not for cold air, easily cleanable) Would it be mistaken as poser, hellsya; I get it everyday but I dont condone it as not being. I dont autocross anymore but it was made to attract attention.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
[/b]

hey the back seat on a taurus is more comfy than on a bike :rofl2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd sure hope the back seat of a taurus is more comfortable than a bike... I can't think of the last time a bike was considered a family vehicle and expected to haul around 4 children

·
Registered
11 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

yea ... but lets be honest ... whats gonna get a girls heart racing, driving around in a safe and comfy taurus, or going down the hwy at 100+ mph and the only thing keeping her off the pavement is her tight grip around your waist?!?!?!
:werd:

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>Making custom modifications is p osing? please explain?
[/b]

usually it is... there are very few ground effects, exhaust modifications that create any significant power increases/driveability improvements other then sight and sound.

[/b][/quote]

We're talking about a family sedan...I'm more appreciative towards work and time people put into cars, especially with these, then raw numbers. And now I can see posing as putting "KOMPRESSOR" badges on a car that is not a kompressor...but putting custom work into a car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

yea ... but lets be honest ... whats gonna get a girls heart racing, driving around in a safe and comfy taurus, or going down the hwy at 100+ mph and the only thing keeping her off the pavement is her tight grip around your waist?!?!?!
[/b][/quote]
you only do 100mph?

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

well personally I wouldn't put myself, or a girl i cared about in that sort of danger... :dunno:

·
Registered
43 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

We're talking about a family sedan...I'm more appreciative towards work and time people put into cars, especially with these, then raw numbers. And now I can see posing as putting "KOMPRESSOR" badges on a car that is not a kompressor...but putting custom work into a car?
[/b][/quote]
why do that to a family sedan and not another car then? and you are more concerned with time put into the cars than the numbers... that is poserish. and how is putting Kompressor badges on a car that is not one any different from putting ground effects on a family sedan?

·
Registered
11 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
you only do 100mph?
[/b][/quote]

yea ... your mom got scared when i went over 120 with her on the back!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

well personally I wouldn't put myself, or a girl i cared about in that sort of danger... :dunno:
[/b][/quote]

who said it was a girl i cared about?!?! :dunno: .... lol

and btw ... if theres a girl on the back, im not the one putting her in danger. us "crotch rocketeers" know the danger of riding, but we do it because we love it. and when a girl jumps on the back, she is doing it because she loves it too ... we never have to force a chic onto the back of a bike ... they usually ask! and 99% of us are respectful to the limits of what the passenger wants!

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
why do that to a family sedan and not another car then? and you are more concerned with time put into the cars than the numbers... that is poserish. and how is putting Kompressor badges on a car that is not one any different from putting groud effects on a family sedan?
[/b][/quote]

Well personally I love the fact the car is cheap, cheap to insure, one of the safest cars on the road, AND a great community. And sometimes its not about numbers, I just dropped a good deal of money into my suspension, and where I live, I'd rather have a bitching suspension then uber amounts of power, because the back roads are fun :mj_banana: and putting ground effects are to make the car look better, the badges is a false claim..saying there is something in the car that isn't. that's how it's different.

41 - 60 of 225 Posts
About this Discussion
224 Replies
23 Participants
rudedog
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing