Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen people with painted or tighted tail light...i was just wondering how you do it? do you just tape the areas you dont wanna paint or what??....and what kind of paint do you paint over the yellow and white with so it will still be bright when the lgiht comes on?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I used a product called Niteshades that you can get from Summit racing's website. It lets the light shine through. I didn't tape anything off, I just removed the headlights and tail lights and made them as dark as I desired.

X

·
0 Posts
If you paint your taillights, I suggest adding a clear coat to keep the shine.

·
0 Posts
wait you can paint ur head lights completely dark and have no difference at night when they were not painted?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I did the sides of my headlights.. and a slight smoke over the front.. and yes there IS a difference, nothing some silverstars couldn't fix I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
My tail lights are already tight. I am considering tinting them though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just search tail light paint..its like 11.99 a can

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
DAMN, that has gotta suckl I just went to the local chain auto parts store called Thrifty Auto Parts, and bought it for 6.95. The stuff goes on thin and will run VERY easily if yer not careful. Thank god my doner car will have a fresh set for me to screw with. LOL. Not to mention alot of other parts I can mod, and just have sitting by while they dry, so it can be done right. Knechts Auto Parts can order the stuff too for about the same price. Check yer Auto Parts stores see if they will order it. I believe it is made by Plastikote, but I'm not 100% on that.

Michael

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you want a certain pattern or area painted on your tail lights you can take them off sand them down, prime, paint, and clear coat. Then put them back on.

note: Doing this will not let light through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts