Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and yes i did do a search but all i found was that it had the same bolt pattern. i was wondering if they would fit with the back spacing? i found a set of 1994 thunderbird rims and tires and was wondering if they would work with my 1998 taurus.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Yep. Tires might be a bit tall, depending on what size were put on by the previous owner.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
QUOTE (tesmith @ May 27 2010, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807259
the T bird is a rwd and my understanding is that the the wheels from rwd will not work properly on a fwd[/b]
It is a RWD vehicle, but Ford re-designed the T-Bird in 1984, right as the Taurus was being designed. They used a FWD-style wheel offset to fit the Fox-based rear axles into the slender(for the time) body design. The wheel specs were used until the T-Bird was discontinued in 1997.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
They fit 100% fine. I had fanblades on for months with zero issues. only difference is that they are a bit wider wheels, but they look real nice on a Taurus.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
QUOTE (tesmith @ May 27 2010, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807259
the T bird is a rwd and my understanding is that the the wheels from rwd will not work properly on a fwd[/b]
It really depends on the width and offset of the wheel itself. In general, a good amount of RWD wheels will have a lower positive offset than FWD wheels, but that's not always the case. The Taurus and MN-12 Thunderbird share very similar wheel sizing and offset, albeit most of the T-bird wheels were .5"-1" wider. I've had Thunderbird wheels on my car for 5 years. They fit perfect.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, Thunderbird rims and wheels fit on a Taurus. I have a 1996 Taurus station wagon and the previous owners put Thunderbird wheels on the back. Here's how it looked:

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Lincoln Mark 8 rims will also fit!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts