Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my 2002 Ford Taurus (winter beater) started idling rough and throwing codes:

P1132 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 1
P1152 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Rich - Bank No. 2

I also noticed a slight “air hissing” sound coming from down by the brake pedal when I apply the brake. And when I listen under the hood the air sound (sounds like a vacuum leak) seems more apparent.

Now, (not sure if related or coincidence) but this all started happening AFTER I had my alarm/remote start installed today. I looked everywhere to find out where the sound was coming from but no dice. I am taking it back tmr to see if they can figure it out. Again, not sure if this is related.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
I tried the carb cleaner trick around all the hoses and intake gaskets, with no results. They all seem to be intact.

B

·
0 Posts
I would say it's a vacuum leak for sure, especially since someone was under the hood messing around. Take it back to them, and tell them to fix what they caused.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts