Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon first pressing the gas pedal, the throttle seems stuck. After giving it a little extra foot to the pedal, it breaks free then seems normal. That is until I take my foot off the pedal and it happens again. It seems the throttle body plate is sticking closed but, I do not know how to fix this. <_< Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by neilc88@Feb 3 2004, 05:38 PM
Upon first pressing the gas pedal, the throttle seems stuck. After giving it a little extra foot to the pedal, it breaks free then seems normal. That is until I take my foot off the pedal and it happens again. It seems the throttle body plate is sticking closed but, I do not know how to fix this. <_< Any suggestions?
There was a few posts about this a while back, try the search feature.

-DC

·
Registered
92 Posts
I posted this yesterday:

All - FYI,

I had posted a separate questions on what could be making my gas pedal stick on my 2000 Taurus SES with a 24V Duratech. I though it might have something to do with the cable, but many of you responded it could be carbon build-up on the throttle body.

Well, it was carbon build-up on the Throttle Body!

I took off the hose coming from the air filter and saw carbon had built up around the base of the TB causing it to stick. This made it so you had to really press firm when you first took off (thus making you take off like a bat out of he..!).

I bought TB cleaner and it quikly disolved the carbon. The gas pedal now works the smoothest it ever has.

Thanks to all that made this recommendation!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I used the TB cleaner and it did the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts