Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month or so ago I saw this on Import Tuner or something of the sort... they installed this nifty little contraption on a Civic. It was a little round thing that slid under the throttle cable as sort of a "spacer" to tighten the linkage between the pedal and the TB. It seemed very simple, anyone heard of it? It looked like it could be adapted easily for any vehicle, but I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i saw that also. i dunno bout all the other bull owners but i like the way my throttle is

·
Registered
887 Posts
Was it truly round, or was it more of an egg-shape?

Some cars put a cam device under the throttle cable so that you get better tip-in response.

What you are doing, if you can picture this, is moving the cable further for less pedal depression when the cable passes over the "pointy" end, than later in the throw of the pedal, where the cable passes over the flatter part of the oval.

Essentially, this does the exact same thing as if you were to press the pedal fairly hard at first, then still keep pushing it down farther, but not as hard as you get closer to the floor.

I don't know if this makes sense without a diagram (or if this is even what you all are talking about on the Civic), but this is something that some manufacturers do use and it has the effect of making the cars feel "peppier" than they really are, by artificially making you open the throttle faster at first.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Feb 4 2004, 09:57 PM
I thought the trottle cables are adjustable anyway. Couldn't you just tighten them down or something?
Yes. You can adjust the cable from right above the accelerator pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts