Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just replaced the front O2 sensor, Cam sensor, and crank sensor all with in the last 600 miles or so on an OHV 02 Taurus.

I was all happy because I made the check engine light finally go away, and then the darn thing came back.

When i was replacing the Cam sensor, I spent so much time making sure that it went in the same way it went out. Then I realized that it is hexagonal on the bottom so there wasn't much I could do for fine tuning. The Crank sensor can only go one way. And the O2 sensor is checking out fine.

Is there a way I could relearn the positions in the computer? I took it back to my mechanic to delete the P1336 code, and it came back within 30 miles of driving.

I need to get this remedied soon cause I deliver pizzas and am losing mpgs. That is not cool when gas is $3.75/gallon currently.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just replaced the front O2 sensor, Cam sensor, and crank sensor all with in the last 600 miles or so on an OHV 02 Taurus.

I was all happy because I made the check engine light finally go away, and then the darn thing came back.

When i was replacing the Cam sensor, I spent so much time making sure that it went in the same way it went out. Then I realized that it is hexagonal on the bottom so there wasn't much I could do for fine tuning. The Crank sensor can only go one way. And the O2 sensor is checking out fine.

Is there a way I could relearn the positions in the computer? I took it back to my mechanic to delete the P1336 code, and it came back within 30 miles of driving.

I need to get this remedied soon cause I deliver pizzas and am losing mpgs. That is not cool when gas is $3.75/gallon currently.

Thanks,
David
I would take the entire cam sensor out, attach the allignment tool, and make sure you get it back at 38 degrees from the centerline of the engine. It sounds that you did not take the position of the shaft (i.e. the hall sensor it self) in account.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sounds like you screwed up putting the syncro back in, you're going to have to set the engine to TDC compression for cylinder #1 , pull the syncro out and install it correctly. don't get hung up on the 38 degree thing, it's a worthless instruction..

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-...need-help-aligning-my-cam-sensor-synchro.html

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/160034-cam-synchro-screw-up.html

and the "hall effect" was on the 96 and 97 (has a 3 wire hookup for the cps)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts