Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I have a 1999 Sable and a 2005 Sable. I am considering adding a 2008 to the stable. I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts about pros and cons of this vehicle and things I should look out for as I search for one.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
I realise you first posted a few months ago but I am relatively new to the forum. Personally I love my 08 Taurus! Smooth ride with some kick from the engine. The transmission does act weird sometimes but from what ive researched mine has a tsb for a pcm update so it could be fine after that. So far I havnt had any problems with the car other than a slight tick when its really cold or wet. Possibly just belts...I hear that is quite common. I love the car and if my experience continues like this I forsee myself purchasing a brand new taurus when my warranty on this one is up!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
My sister has a 08, i love it, way more spacious than a gen .4 and they are scary fast compared to every other taurus/sable.

I also like them because they are affordable, for some reason the retail value on the 2010/2011 is rediculous, my dad drove a fully loaded taurusvbrand new with a sticker of $43k!!!! Ended up getting a fully loaded lexus es350 for $38.5k out the door and the sales experience was 100x better at the lexus dealership

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love to have a new SHO but my goodness they are so expensive! If it came down to getting an economy luxury vehicle for 43k or a legit luxury vehicle for 38k id pick the second one too lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey folks! I have a 1999 Sable and a 2005 Sable. I am considering adding a 2008 to the stable. I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts about pros and cons of this vehicle and things I should look out for as I search for one.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Joe
I have had my 08 for about 8,000 miles. Where are you going to find a car that big that gets the kinda fuel economy I am seeing? The trunk is like a cave! Huge bang for the buck!! Just pimped her out with dark tint, remote radar, and the sound system is next!

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
My sister has a 08, i love it, way more spacious than a gen .4 and they are scary fast compared to every other taurus/sable.

I also like them because they are affordable, for some reason the retail value on the 2010/2011 is rediculous, my dad drove a fully loaded taurusvbrand new with a sticker of $43k!!!! Ended up getting a fully loaded lexus es350 for $38.5k out the door and the sales experience was 100x better at the lexus dealership
Did they charge extra for the blandness? Or does that come free? :lol2:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think the 2008/9 Sable is one of the nicest, most tasteful looking cars produced in the past decade.

Too bad its life was so short. But I'll be hunting for one next time I'm in the market for a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts