Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone. I got a 180 Degree BeCool thermo for my Duratec (not exactly labeled for the Duratec, actually, it was sold for any Ford vehicle, something I found odd..) and it looks MUCH different than the thermo I put in there a while ago. I'm not interested in throwing the wrong thermo in there (duh), so can anyone tell me if this looks odd in comparison to your 180 degree'r?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw, does anyone know which way I put it in? It has an arrow that says "Towards Radiator," but I don't know how useful that will be on the Taurus. Should I put the "crown" in the same way as the old thermostat? (I mean the silver open-pyramid thing). I'm assuming that's correct.

Open...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Here's a link to a picture of the 180 degree thermostat i have if it help you some.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...ID=1476&CID=175

As far as installing it i would install it the same way as the one you are removing assuming that the direction indicator (towards radiator) is pointing in the correct direction.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by FullDuplex@Jun 1 2004, 11:19 AM
Hightec, how did you get your PCM reprogrammed?  How much it costed you?
Well it's actually on its way via USPS insured today. I've been working with Alberto (americanmotorsport.com) and he ended up creating me two programs (one for 87 octane and the other for 92 octane) which are on the Microtuner they sell and i purchased the software and cable so I can receive updated programs via email from him and upload them to my Microtuner instead of having to pull a chip out and send it back for reprogramming or even send the microtuner back.

The microtuner cost $425 with one program, the second program was another $25, the cable and software was an additional $75 and the shipping was $15. So my total was $540.

The chips he sells are $325 for one program or you can get another chip that can have multiple programs for a bit more. I know some might think it's a bit pricey but I think (and others can back me up on this if they like) that dollar for dollar a properly programmed chip (or reprogrammed PCM) is the best money that a person can spent towards performance on a stock car.

Also the Microtuner doubles as an ODB II Code scanner.

If you do decide to look into getting a chip/microtuner I would highly suggest Alberto, as his customer service and mechanical skills have far surpassed my expectations. He was extremely patient with me and my hundreds of questions and very knowledgeable.

I'll let you know in a few days what i think of the programs but I’m betting ahead of time I’ll be pleased as I’ve heard from some of his past customers here.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Well, as a follow up I received my package last night and flashed my PCM this morning before leaving for work with the 87 octane program i purchased. I'm extremely pleased. I can't wait to try the 92 octane program since Alberto says the power gains will be much greater with the 92 over the 87 (or stock) program. I'll be posting a followup/review in the EEC Tuning and Programming Forum shortly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts