Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had fun on Tuesday afternoon-Wednesday morning. My buddy has a '06 Mustang GT. Until this week, the car was bone stock. He bought this kit:

http://www.brenspeed.com/paxtonsatin.html

He installed the spark plugs and Boost-A-Pump this past weekend, and starting yesterday at ~2pm, the fun began with disassembly. 14 hours later at ~25 degrees in a cramped garage, it came back to life. Today, it hit the dyno at 462whp - 425lb/ft tq. Makes a pretty quick car.

Pics will follow,<strike> I have a cell phone dyno video that I'm uploading now, but it has crappy sound.</strike> I'll get the better video from him later.

EDIT: scratch the crappy video idea, I'll just wait for the good one

This is HP vs air/fuel... I'll get the HP/tq graph too.
[attachmentid=28489]
[attachmentid=28490]
[attachmentid=28491]
[attachmentid=28492]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm completely envious. That looks like a great setup. FWIW, Brenspeed is the only place I use to order my Mustang parts... top quality and great prices. My wish list from that place is a mile long, but my finances at the moment are not. :)

I'll have to be on the lookout and see if I spot your friend rolling around. What color's his car? Does it have any exterior mods? B) [/b]
Dark grey, with ghost flames along the sides and hood, no spoiler (IIRC), and dark grey bullitt wheels. He works in Northglenn/Westminster, but he only drives on good days. No snow/rain.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
That's AWESOME!

I'd love to blow the Mustang. I don't know if a Paxton would be my first choice, as I'd rather go roots, but you can't argue with the power that thing is putting out. ~200 HP increase at the wheels? ######' a, man!

Doesn't seem like the install was that bad, either. How bad was tuning the thing?

JR

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's AWESOME!

I'd love to blow the Mustang. I don't know if a Paxton would be my first choice, as I'd rather go roots, but you can't argue with the power that thing is putting out. ~200 HP increase at the wheels? ######' a, man!

Doesn't seem like the install was that bad, either. How bad was tuning the thing?

JR [/b]
Xcal 3 came with the kit, that's the graph the "kit" put down without any tweaking. A/F looked good on the dyno, they'll tweak it as they see fit with the dyno results. Plug and play baby :mj_banana:

·
Registered
594 Posts
what are the stock engines rated for?

hopefully not the only thing that blows...

sweet none the less.

Must be nice to have a car where custom work isnt need at all.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
From what I've read, the stock aluminum block and internals are good for about 550 hp. After that, you need to start upgrading rods, pistons, and crank.

I'm pretty impressed with this kit. $5k is a lot of money, but for that much power, damn.

JR

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This weekend, in Mexico, it beat a C6 in four seperate runs. From 55,65,75, and 85 up to 130+.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I love how everything always happens in Mexico.

Must be a fun place :ph34r:

:lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took this thing to Bandimere Speedway and put down 12.89 in the quarter. He had gears installed a few months back (4.10s) along with an axleback.

Bandimere is at 5680ft elevation and the DA that night was a touch over 6400ft.

Next comes a torque converter and a 12lb pulley.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (mrcow32 @ Oct 15 2009, 07:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=760212
Wow, for this elevation that is FAST. That's awesome to hear! :notworthy:

How does he like the combination of supercharger and 4.10's? I hear a lot of guys use the 3.73's with a supercharger because the 4.10's can create traction problems, especially in 1st gear. With a time like that, though, it seems like he's making the best of it. :)[/b]
The gears are great. No traction problems at all (he's running M&H drag radials). He actually almost went with 4.30 gears... The car would've been scary fast with those :D

AFAIK, the guys having traction problems at start are running roots or twinscrew blowers. The one he has takes a bit to spool so the power isn't instant. He chose that type to avoid spinning the tires. His tires are a bit tall though. He's going with a shorter set next year. ~$250 each

We should do a Taurus/Mustang meet/BBQ sometime. :makeadeal:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kinda update on this... Last night, on a beer run (sober), Will was driving back home, made a right turn at an intersection, got on it, and about 100 yards down the road, someone decided he was going too fast. This punk ###### was getting out of his truck, ran out into the street and propelled his leftover Mexican food at Will's car. He threw his styrofoam box of refried beans so hard, it shattered the windshield. The car was going about 40-ish. Maybe pics later.

Will stopped, and after some yelling, asked dude to pay for it, he refused. Police were called, asked if Will wanted charges press, he said "If he pays for it ($50 deductible), I won't press charges." Dude refused again. He actually told the cops that he got scared and DROPPED the food... :lol2: He told the police that he was going over 60 down that road.
He's going to court. What he doesnt seem to comprehend, is it doesnt matter how fast anyone's driving down the street, you can't do that.

I couldnt believe how hard it hit the windshield. Both layers of the windshield are broken, and there's tiny shards of glass on the dashboard and passenger seat (where Will's brother was sitting).

Colorado law states that if you intentionally damage a motor vehicle, you can have your license revoked as well :D

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I couldnt believe how hard it hit the windshield. Both layers of the windshield are broken, and there's tiny shards of glass on the dashboard and passenger seat[/b]
Same thing happened to my toilet last time I dropped some Mexican food in it. Damned refried beans!!!

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (spridget @ Jan 17 2010, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779901
I couldnt believe how hard it hit the windshield. Both layers of the windshield are broken, and there's tiny shards of glass on the dashboard and passenger seat[/b]
Same thing happened to my toilet last time I dropped some Mexican food in it. Damned refried beans!!!
[/b][/quote]
LOL

I went to that intersection today to look at it in the daylight. It is closer to ~100 feet. You'd have to be on the space shuttle to be going 60 past his house.

******* looks like he's got some expensive tires on his suburban :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (spridget @ Jan 17 2010, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779901
[/b][/quote]
:bowrofl: You are never too old for bathroom humor.

But damnnnnnnn. Good luck to your friend getting the windshield fixed. Maybe dude can poney up for some Carlite glass replacement...

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jan 17 2010, 05:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779924
But damnnnnnnn. Good luck to your friend getting the windshield fixed. Maybe dude can poney up for some Carlite glass replacement...[/b]
He refused. It's why he's going to get sued and going to court on criminal charges. (Was pretty dumb, since Will was only asking for the $50 deductible)

It won't be Carlite, that bitch will pay for glass from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts