Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, where is the amp usually located in 1992 SHO's, is it located behind the back seat, or is it in the dash. I'm just curious because the guy before me ran amp wires from the back to the battery, and wanted to know if there is supposed to be an amp in the trunk, cuz if there is supposed to, I'm gonna go have to buy an amp, or go to a junkyard and pull one off of and Taurus with Premium sound.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not sure where the amp is on a Premium Sound system, but just what are your system goals here?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well..I don't really have any real system goals, I just need to know if there is supposed to be an amp in the trunk on the premium sound system because of the fact the guy who had it before me must have had an aftermarket unit in there, because there is no radio, and he had run many extra heavy gauge wires to the trunk for amps....and I just want to make sure If I plug in a unit into the radio port, that it will work, or if there is supposed to be an amp in the trunk and I'll need to get an aftermarket one....then I would try and get something a little beefier to get a little more out of the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts