Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today, another bull bit the dust. This bull was a 1996 Taurus GL , 137K miiles on it, with an exceptionally nice system, very nice rims, owned by a very good friend of mine, member of the forums, and all around excellent guy, Xavier (Xmann01)

Xavier's okay, I just got back from taking him to the hospital (he's complaining about not being able to see, and he's got a few scrapes everywhere. But all in all, the bull sorta cushined him from what I think could be something very major.

The bull on the other hand, is totaled. Side impact crash ratings on the earlier g3's weren't that good I guess :( .

Here's the story:

Xavier was doing his "routine" visitation of Michigan City, and from here, we were going to Michigan to meet up with Kim (MySablesNameIsBruce). I met him up at McDonald's because my mom wanted me to get her some food. So from there, I wanted to take the main route to the beach, see who was cruising down there and then from there go to my house.

We made it to the beach, cruised the "short" strip, and went on this small "highway" back to my house. Well, at this highway there is a sharp turn veering to the right, then railroad tracks, then another sharp turn (that also has the option of going straight, but that goes right into the woods and out of civilization) veering to the left.

Going on the second turn, Xavier's tires slipped on the wet pavement and gravel that was spewed about the road, and his rear end wanted to meet his front end - resulting in him fishtailing and eventually sliding around on the road, he worked to correct it, only to result in ending up into a ditch.

That wouldn't have been bad, right? You're right. However this ditch had a concrete slab which the car jumped over before finally landing in the middle of the frame resulting in the car ... being a 2 passenger car.

So, now the car is sitting in my driveway next to LRB, awaiting it's fate of being torn apart and salvating the good parts.

As soon as I am able to get my camera to upload pictures to my computer, I'll share the damage.

But for now.... I'm really glad he's okay. If something would have happened to him I don't know where I'd be right now. :(

Keep in mind I'm in back of him the whole time. The only thing I saw were the parking lights, then a flash of brake lights then I no longer saw the tail lights... When I came around the bend, I saw headlights and him getting out of his car. :(

I feel so bad about this whole thing. My friend's car is totalled on my turf. That's the worst feeling in the world. I'm just so very glad he wasn't seriously injured.

R.I.P.: 1996 Taurus GL "Ruby", 137K miles.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm Sorry to hear about your friends loss, a car can be replaced but a life can't. At least He's OK! Sounds like it could have been alot worse! Thank God it wasn't! I hope he's doing OK!

G

·
Wow, Tell Xavier that Im glad he's ok. Have you told kim yet?!? Hope the best. Im glad he wasn't injured (Seriously)

Sal

G

·
We'll include Xavier in our prayers. Please let him know that we're all thinking about him, give us updates, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sorry to hear about Xavier, and his car.... hope he's alright, keep us updated..... :eek:

·
Registered
550 Posts
BUMMER!!! Scary stuff! Remember though... cars are replaceable, people aren't. The ride sacrificed itself for the master.

:blink: :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
:eek: Send my best wishes to Xavier, at least he is ok, the Taurus can be replaced :(

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Oh man... this is one of those years, I swear! :huh: Ash, tell Xavier that I'm... we're all glad that he's alright, and in one piece. I'm really sorry to hear about his bull tho. I know he worked hard and put a lot of work into it. But Jeremy's right, car's are replacable. People aren't.

Feel better Xav...

G

·
Very sorry to hear about this! :( At least he walked away from it. He'll be in my prayers. Is there someplace we can send cards and stuff to?

This is one of those years. My grandma passed away a year ago this month, a few weeks ago I lost an uncle and I just got word last night that my Great Uncle (grandpa's brother) passed away. :( Between all these family problems and bulls biting the dust and people getting hurt, it just hasn't been very good. You can only take so much before this stuff really starts getting to you. :(

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
This HAS seemed like one of THOSE years. How many more days till 2005?

Ashley, I'm really sorry about all this, and I hope Xavier will be alright. I'm sure he'll have another awesome car soon enough.

JR

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, Xavier's fine. Still a bit sore, I believe. I'm taking him back to his house tomorrow afternoon. But we're talking on what he's doing as a next step. So, right now, he has no car. But hopefully he'll be getting a SHO soon :)

Pictures still are a no-go at the current moment. But I REALLY hope to have them up here soon. The car is... pretty much ****** over.

Thanks for the moral support, on behalf of Xavier and I.. (I think I'm taking it harder than him! :( )

*edited: removed address*

Ashley, check your PM's.

·
Banned
438 Posts
Ashley - you still able to make it down for the Indy meet?

Not knowing yours or his financial situation (nor care) but I've been glancing at the used Bull market (mentioned SHO so I assume you're looking used) and seems to be a buyer's market at the moment in this part of the country. So he should be in good shape there once the insurance settles up (did he have full coverage?)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts