Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I've really not done anything to my car since winter has been crapping all over, but now since it's starting to get a bit nicer I've been thinking of doing some more to the ol' bull. On my list is a new speaker system..since I almost blew my speakers once..

Anyways, I just wanted to get your opinions on these speakers:

JBL GTO635
6-1/2"/6-3/4" 3-way speakers
Front Doors

Kenwood KFC-6889ie
6"x8" 3-Way Speaker
Rear Deck

And probably just one 10" sub if those don't suffice.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
370 Posts
All you need is a good set of components in the front, like CDT's, along with a sub or two in the trunk with an amp for both the components and the sub or subs and you will be set.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would suggest you pick out the speakers and then the amps. Profile makes some good amps for not to much money.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, suppose I got the speakers I mentioned above (Which I did), and I am planning on getting a JL 10" subwoofer, I know I don't need a lot of power, so what kind of amp is sufficient for my needs?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well since both those speakers you have listed on your first post both handle 60 watts RMS, I say go with this amplifier: Profile CA440. Only thing is it doesn't have high level imputs for connecting it to your stock head unit. I forget what there called, something like low level imputs or something, that your going to have to get to use this amp. It's $130. For $150 you can get the Profile CL440 which has high level imputs. You can find both those amplifiers for cheaper at The Zeb. Crutchfield has a bunch of info on them.

Which JL 10" model are you talking about?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure, my friend has it..I'll ask him.

I got those speakers and installed them, they work fine, but the one vibrates my door panel, so I'm gonna have to adjust it..

I'm planning on ordering that amp, which I had picked out myself actually, so that works out, later this month along with a Kenwood head unit...

·
Registered
370 Posts
The speakers you got are 60 watts RMS each and the Profile California CA640 puts out 75 watts x 4 RMS.

How is it a pain to take a look at the magnet on the sub?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I see your point, I'll downgrade then to a 60 x 4 one, the one you suggested..

It's not that it's hard, it's that I am lazy. I'll get around to it, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I think the First question that you have to ask yourself is what type of bass your looking for! Is it deep bass, tight, loud vibrating noise that you want. For me it was deep bass, in certain songs it brings out tones that you normally wouldn't hear in a particular song! Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 15" are bangin. Dependiong on how crazy you want to get!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been a month since the original post, and everything is installed and working. Thanks to everyone for the help, including those in the chat who helped me when I needed it most.

I'll post some pics later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts