Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking of changing all of my dash lights from green to red for awhile, and after riding in a cab with red dash lights I've decided I really want to do it.

I just need a little help with how to remove certain parts, and with some bulb numbers.

I'm going to try to replace all the dash lights and the cruise control switch lights and the bulbs in the window switches. Is it possible or no? I know the dash cluster is a film but I think I have an idea for that. I just have to get it out.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just finished doing this mod and i ordered my bulbs from superbright leds. At first i ordered the wrong size (#74(5 mm) led bulbs) for the background lighting when i needed the #194/168(9 mm) led bulbs. The #74 led bulbs will fit the cruise control and i believe all the other same size socket lights like low fuel, door ajar, service engine, etc.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You need to take out the airbag on the '04+ models. I would link you to the topic to do it, but the original authors removed their posts and the link to where the article is now is blocked by the club.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to take out the airbag on the '04+ models. I would link you to the topic to do it, but the original authors removed their posts and the link to where the article is now is blocked by the club.

Alright that's what I figured I'd have to do. I believe its two screws on the back of the steering wheel.

I've decided to do blue instead of red. I think it will yield a better result. The one thing that will be interesting will be seeing how the needles react to the blue light, unless they have their own bulbs which I doubt.

I got a bunch of blue 194/168s for the cluster, and some 74s for various indicator lights. And a bunch of 3mm blue leds for the door/window switches, and possibly the headlight switch. I was hoping that they would work for the cruise bulbs too but I guess I'll have to get some blue 74s as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts