Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my 99 taurus wagon home to day and i am thinking that i can change over the heads from my 00 to my 99 but not shure if it will work but i am not shire the reason i am thinking valves is it does not sounds like timing and i was talking to some one today and they said that it sounds like stuck lifters the sound is like a lose chain and it has high rpm then it stalls there is no smoke coming from the exhaust white or blue none. so i got my 2000 taurus with a bad body so i am thinking of pulling it apart and changing heads over to my 99 does any one know if that will work or should i rebuild the heads that is on it

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
i just got my 99 taurus wagon home to day and i am thinking that i can change over the heads from my 00 to my 99 but not shure if it will work but i am not shire the reason i am thinking valves is it does not sounds like timing and i was talking to some one today and they said that it sounds like stuck lifters the sound is like a lose chain and it has high rpm then it stalls there is no smoke coming from the exhaust white or blue none. so i got my 2000 taurus with a bad body so i am thinking of pulling it apart and changing heads over to my 99 does any one know if that will work or should i rebuild the heads that is on it
Lets try to restructure this horrific amtrak crash into a reasonably usable paragraph that people can understand.

Let me see if I got this correct.

I just got my 99 Taurus wagon home today and I am thinking that i can change over the heads from my 00 to my 99. However I am unsure if it will work, I am considering this because my current heads are making noise. I'm thinking valves because is it does not sound like timing to me. I was talking to some one today and they said that it does not sounds like stuck lifters the sound is like a lose chain and at high rpm it stalls. There is no visible smoke coming from the exhaust white or blue. So i got my 2000 Taurus with a bad body so i am thinking of pulling it apart and changing heads over to my 99 does any one know if that will work or should i rebuild the heads that are on it

If you have a Vulcan, you can swap certain parts from certain years right over. Same with tec... Duratec to Duratec, Vulcan to Vulcan. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

They changed so many stuff. The G3 and G4's had different Vulcan designs, but if i'm not mistaken the heads should be the same throughout the years. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets try to restructure this horrific amtrak crash into a reasonably usable paragraph that people can understand.

Let me see if I got this correct.

If you have a Vulcan, you can swap certain parts from certain years right over. Same with tec... Duratec to Duratec, Vulcan to Vulcan. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

They changed so many stuff. The G3 and G4's had different Vulcan designs, but if i'm not mistaken the heads should be the same throughout the years. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
thank you for making it readable:D

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts