Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had a few problems with the SHO recently and being a college student its kinda hard to keep up with it. 2 weeks ago i just had the left side ball joint replaced and the relay. Ran fine for a little while then today when i was at the grocery store it wouldnt turn over. No power for the radio, antenna wouldnt go down and i couldnt unlock/lock my doors with the switch or remote. I let it sit for about 15 minutes then it fired right up luckily ford was down the street and i didnt want to risk driving it home for 20 minutes and have it die on me again. Especially on the highway. Now the hard part is finding another car. Im looking at staying american, probably a five hundred, zephyr, taurus from 00-06 or a mustang. Might also consider the impalas, or a cobalt. Leaning more towards a taurus tho :) As much as i love the car its really hard to keep up with it. Spending 500 bucks on avg of every 3 months isnt fun. Ill probably look for a few weeks till i find something i like then sell or trade it in. Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
a regular gen4 taurus will definitely reduce that 500$ every 3 months.

aim for a 2002+ and you'll be getting less than 60k miles and decently equipped.

Plus what other things are going on the SHO. And what other problems have been fixed, how many clicks too.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Enzo731 @ May 18 2009, 06:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726133

aim for a 2002+ and you'll be getting less than 60k miles and decently equipped.

Plus what other things are going on the SHO. And what other problems have been fixed, how many clicks too.[/b]
I had the cams welded, replaced 3 ignition coils, the left ball joint, and the relay. It didnt click at all but I turned it over like 5 times and it didnt start up. Ive been looking at a lot of the 05s most likely try and get a black or red one and swap my SHO rims on it :lol2:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm sure someone else here can give you more light on that situation.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (GUN SHO @ May 18 2009, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726134
QUOTE (Enzo731 @ May 18 2009, 06:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726133

Plus what other things are going on the SHO. And what other problems have been fixed, how many clicks too.[/b]
I had the cams welded, replaced 3 ignition coils, the left ball joint, and the relay. It didnt click at all but I turned it over like 5 times and it didnt start up. Ive been looking at a lot of the 05s most likely try and get a black or red one and swap my SHO rims on it :lol2:
[/b][/quote]
Probably the crank sensor.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Find yourself a Taurus with the DOHC engine, and you'll have a decent car. Shoot for one from a private party, with decent miles, that has maintenance history.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Drive mine, you'll want one. I got mine last year with 45K for $8,000.00. B)

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
What did Ford say? I still think its an electrical problem somewhere.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (animex2 @ May 19 2009, 08:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726280
What did Ford say? I still think its an electrical problem somewhere.[/b]
They couldnt find anything that caused the car to die. Tires needed alignment which is why it was drifintg a little.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
not to be rude, but aside from the fan relay and the small electrical issue you had, i don't see anything too bad with what you have had to fix. cams welding and coils are a basic v8 sho cost. and ball joint due to wear is normal, hell ive done balljoint, endlinks, tie rods, etc on most of my cars around 80-100k. that is normal maintnence, same as tires needing alighnment. even a "newer" car you buy will need that maintnence one day. so think of that maintnence plus the monthly payment. unless you have a trans issue or something else big going on its way out i dont see the immediate want for a newer car. but thats just me. i would say have your battery checked out, and any auto parts store will do it in car, and do an alternator system check. just to make sure you have everything on the up and up there. almost sounds like you have corrosion issues not allowing the battery to give out power.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
check the grounds, especially the one near the battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts