Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so after the new engine i am realizing that my car is VERY loud and I'm not sure that i like it that loud, of course i love the sound but its just too loud. so i am thinking i might get some mufflers. magnaflow is a must for me i love their products and they are very well built not to mention I'm in the rust belt so the stainless steel is nice too. though i am not sure if i should get some oval type mufflers one for each exit pipe or if i should just get another round muffler and have it added in someplace? i am just afraid that if i add another smaller round muffler it wont quiet it down enough because the one i have now didn't quiet it down all that much from just running off the cats.

what are your guys thoughts? if you want videos of my current setup look here link just look for the ones with magnaflow in the description the others are just other random ones...

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
If you are concerned that it will not quiet it down enough, I hear you. Magnaflows are good looking on the outside, but they are built like crap on the inside. They have had quality problems ever since they went to an automated assembly.

The muffler I use myself, is WickedFlow. I'm gonna put a set of WickedFlow Max 18SC224 on my Taurus, I already have one on my van. They are noticeable quieter than a Magnaflow, and they are better built too. I have had a couple vehicles with Magnaflows, all of them ended up being too loud, and they got louder over time.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you are concerned that it will not quiet it down enough, I hear you. Magnaflows are good looking on the outside, but they are built like crap on the inside. They have had quality problems ever since they went to an automated assembly.

The muffler I use myself, is WickedFlow. I'm gonna put a set of WickedFlow Max 18SC224 on my Taurus, I already have one on my van. They are noticeable quieter than a Magnaflow, and they are better built too. I have had a couple vehicles with Magnaflows, all of them ended up being too loud, and they got louder over time.

Just my two cents.

i had a problem with my magnaflow cat but as long as you go some were reputable you should be fine as long as they are a certified magnaflow dealer. i had to return mine there was a bad weld that needed fixing but any ways summit racing took good care of me. magnaflow is one of the best in the industry so keep it in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts