Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
how do they know its seriously fast when it doesn't even run properly and needs major work?

Chances are it has had no 60k and the water pump bled all over the CPS and the electronics and now you need to do a 60k at the very least. This will cost you about a grand, so keep that in mind, and you still have no guarantee that the rest of the car (i.e. transmission) is going to hold up (re: no test drives).

I am considering a SHO myself but these things are real money pits, so you have to do your shopping around and invest wisely.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If HE knows it overheats after 8 minutes exactly, then YOU know the motor has been overeheated at least a few times.

The Yamaha engine is built tough, but if you seriously overheat it, then all bets are off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
SHO's are Moneypits?? Damn didn't know that , and I have owned 3. My Gen 1 has had about $3000 spent on it in 13 years, and that includes a $600 motor after my brother blew the original after 170K+ miles timing belts will go 100k adjust the valves if they get too noisy change plugs and other than that drive like hell, and i am currently getting the old girl ready to be my Autocross car, blue book says it is worth $500, screw that !! its worth that much just to have around if the Gen 3 V8 has to go to the shop, if you want a good sho, talk to Kirk, he can probably hook u up, he is currently finishing a SHO+ , that he is gonna drive to the Cali convention this summer, and on the way back he has the car sold to one of the guys in Oklahoma, so he gonna deliver the car and fly the 1600 miles back home. if u ever drive a SHO, your hooked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts