Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '02 Taurus with the vulcan motor, which way does the thermostat go?? Spring towards the motor, spring towards the hose. I have found conflicting answers.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Spring towards the motor. If you look on the end it will have the copper sensing element. This has to be in the hot water.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, That's what i thought. I have been having some overheating issues trying to narrow the problem down. My coolant keeps spewing out of the degasser/ reservoir when i turn off my car.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If there is no pressure built up then this may be normal. Have you replaced or pressure tested the system to see if it will hold 16 psi?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i found out why it keeps spewing out the degasser tank, The threads on the tank were stripped. Everytime it built up pressure it would push the cap off and spew. So i went and bought a new tank everything looks good so far.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
That happened to me once. Drove to town and shut off the car, puked out half the coolant in the parking lot. No sound just a slow moving green pool.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That happened to me once. Drove to town and shut off the car, puked out half the coolant in the parking lot. No sound just a slow moving green pool.

that sounds kinda like what happened when my son got car sick one time, but that's a different problem than you had.....:lol2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts