Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After probably about $12,000 invested, one tree blew it all.

I was driving on I-65 toward Pull-A-Part today at around 1:30, when some damn Mark VIII cut me off on the exit ramp. I hit the brakes, when I apparently hit a patch of, um... something... All of a sudden my ass slid out to the left. I tried to correct, fishtailed for a couple seconds, but I ended up in a ditch with air bag dust in my eyes. My brother, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, and took the brunt of the impact, was wailing in pain, but by the time I dragged him out through the driver side door, he stood up and walked around.

I would have to say that it's a MIRCALE that we are both alive with no injuries. I have been thanking God every second since I stepped out of the car. I also have to hand it to Ford for making an OUTSTANDINGLY safe car. If I was in any other car, it's safe to say that me and my brother would probably be hospitalized right now, if not dead.

However lucky we both may be, I am on the market for a new V8 now. I'm really gonna miss that '96 Willow Green... Lotsa memories (with plenty in the backseat!! lol).

I'll post pics of the scene as soon as I can get the photos transferred from my phone (there's only 3, so don't get too excited).

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (Shrike2415 @ Mar 15 2009, 03:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=708814
After probably about $12,000 invested, one tree blew it all.

I was driving on I-65 toward Pull-A-Part today at around 1:30, when some damn Mark VIII cut me off on the exit ramp. I hit the brakes, when I apparently hit a patch of, um... something... All of a sudden my ass slid out to the left. I tried to correct, fishtailed for a couple seconds, but I ended up in a ditch with air bag dust in my eyes. My brother, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, and took the brunt of the impact, was wailing in pain, but by the time I dragged him out through the driver side door, he stood up and walked around.

I would have to say that it's a MIRCALE that we are both alive with no injuries. I have been thanking God every second since I stepped out of the car. I also have to hand it to Ford for making an OUTSTANDINGLY safe car. If I was in any other car, it's safe to say that me and my brother would probably be hospitalized right now, if not dead.

However lucky we both may be, I am on the market for a new V8 now. I'm really gonna miss that '96 Willow Green... Lotsa memories (with plenty in the backseat!! lol).

I'll post pics of the scene as soon as I can get the photos transferred from my phone (there's only 3, so don't get too excited).[/b]

Good to hear its just the car and not you or your brother.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Im sorry to hear that man, I hate ******* drivers =(

Its good to hear you and your bro are alright though!

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Cars can be replaced, but people can not. I'm glad you're okay, and I'm sure you'll find something :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Mar 15 2009, 06:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=708855
Cars can be replaced, but people can not. I'm glad you're okay, and I'm sure you'll find something :)[/b]
Thats the same my dad told me after some woman decided to make a right and got out of a left turning lane right into my old car. Good thing that noone was seriously hurt and you both can walk away from it.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
WOW! Glad you're both ok.

Sorry about the car... :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, if anybody has a comprehensive list of part values, let me know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Like everyone said, it's good to hear that you guys are alright.

I know you put a bunch of time into your car and this is a terrible thing to have happen.

God Bless,
92SHO97SHO

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Glad that you and your bro are allright. I really dont like seeing wrecked SHOs makes me sad :(

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Glad you all survived the impact OK. The roots of my love for the Taurus go to its 5 star crash rating by the NHSTA , among other things. My wife and daughter don't get it, but they're the ones riding around in it most of the time, and I can rest easy about it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sucks about the car, did the D-Bag take off.

Had something like that happen to me once, guy got to close to me in a turn and I freaked went right realized there was another 4 lanes coming in on the merge, went left, went right again, lost it skidded across 3 lanes of highway stopped in the 4th lane just a foot from the guardrail, scared the **** out of some guy, person that started the incident took off.

people suck no respect for the Taurus.

As they say in those capri sun commericals "RESPECT THE TAURUS! RESPECT IT!"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts