Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For the price they were hard to beat, and rated pretty highly in that size on Tire Rack.

The only thing I don’t like about the cluster design is the chrome trim around the gauges - it tends to reflect sun back into the driver’s eyes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, no. It’s at 79k, so the first item on the list is a coolant flush, and a trans service.

Then, I’ll have to replace the current tires. Snow tires are a bit loud.
Congratulations for the vehicle

Which trans service would be needed?
I need to finish reading the owners manual and also to check what are the main items to be reviewed

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The prior owner had hooligans in the back, so on top of the seats and headliner being filthy when I looked at it (Dealership got it 90% clean, there's still spots I have to touch up) the rear air vent louver controls were broken, so I finally ordered a replacement for $25 on eBay.

Finding Light Stone interior parts for this thing is harder than you'd expect - it seems most of the cars were ordered with the black interiors. I want to replace that armrest, where the pleather's cracking at the elbow resting spot, but I've struggled to find a decent one and may end up breaking down and buying a new one. (they're like $140)

I do have some mods in the planning stages, and I've had my first mechanical issue pop up - the driver door actuator/latch assembly is starting to go out. Works every time with the key, so I'm not rushing to change it, but it's on the list.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Got the full set (including the rear) for $50 shipped, new old stock, so I'm happy.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Plug time this morning. (yes, I covered the intakes when I started doing more work)

I've seen worse for 102k.

Found this dud on the center of the rear bank. Whoever put it in didn't use any grease, and I don't think it was terribly well made to begin with, so I somewhat cracked the shield getting it off. Moved it to the front bank so when I replace it with a Motorcraft part, I can just do it quickly.

Also changed the wiper blades and fixed a kinked washer hose. Before the end of the year I plan to replace the windshield cowling and the wiper arms themselves.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts