Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 215 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bought some closed-cell foam today (designed for cars and boats-3/8 by 3/8 size) and fixed the passenger taillight seal. I may have goofed a bit-I'm going to wash it and watch it-but the top seal is good. It's just a small bit where I left a bit too big of a gap.

It looks fine, though. Not hillbilly.

Should have snapped a pic of the lighting it was in today, but the lights really add something to the car. It looks much more...menacing?

From the rear, at least.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, that might be one word you could use.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A 1996 Lincoln Continental sacrificed its shifter knob to me yesterday.

Poor thing had seen better days. Gray leather, black button, black collar. I'll swap the chrome parts onto mine. Maybe.

Saw only one Bull with more than 200k on the clock (Gen 3's and 4's), this Vulcan model. Must have suffered a trans failure.

Odd they'd leave a pretty new looking gasket. Had the column shift and fleet console-man, that thing was weird!

Pics from the game.

They opened the roof and back wall about ten minutes after this last pic.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Took a little time to clean it up-the Continental's driver door had been open for a while, and the interior was absolutely filthy (digidash was completely covered over by a layer of dirt). I like it better than the black knob. It originally had a black button and stalk, but I swapped the parts from the other Continental knob.

I'd consider a Continental as my next car if it didn't have that stinking AX4N...

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Okay, Holly's getting new speakers now! I happened to glance on Amazon and found a great deal on some Pioneer speakers. I just scored four speakers and the Metra adapter kits for the four for $60.90. (I've got Prime Student, so shipping was free)

I had some discount I didn't know about that knocked $16 off the price. Even without it, $76 was a good deal.

These are the speakers:

Reviews on Crutchfield said this works well with the Mach setup and delivers more bass, so I'm pleased as punch!

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the discount was the exact amount of the two wiring adapter kits. Maybe Amazon has a deal where you get them for free when you buy the speakers?

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
EDIT: As far as I can tell, the discount was the exact amount of the two wiring adapter kits. Maybe Amazon has a deal where you get them for free when you buy the speakers?
Perhaps with those speakers, but when I bought mine it was not like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's just it, I can't find any kind of mention of a 'discount', but it was applied once I bought it.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Speakers and other stuff came today. Boy, was that a busy mail day...

Yawn...

Hmm....

The only Chrysler these fit is the PT Cruiser, and only the rear speakers. The only Nissan is the original Quest that was also the Villager. Knowing that Ford evidently made the audio (and we know they made the cluster) it makes me wonder just how much of the van was Nissan's idea...

Oh boy!

Forgot to snap pics of the fronts. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong with the Metra adapters things went smoothly. It's not a whole lot louder nor more powerful, but it is a little cleaner overall. And given that I'd been having intermittent issues with the right rear speaker, they needed to be replaced anyway.

As for the other thing:

:D

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Can't say it's not original...

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Small update on the car:

Everything works fine for the moment. Still preparing for the impending maintenance.

It had always shifted a little weird, so I reset the KAM and it's been a completely different car ever since. Shift points and all are much better.

Taillights have acquired a polished look to them now.

Ordered some goodies for it, may be pulling the woodgrain.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Small update on the car:

Everything works fine for the moment. Still preparing for the impending maintenance.

It had always shifted a little weird, so I reset the KAM and it's been a completely different car ever since. Shift points and all are much better.

Taillights have acquired a polished look to them now.

Ordered some goodies for it, may be pulling the woodgrain.
Picture of the tail lights!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Too lazy. Plus, it's almost dark now.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Tru...I was at the yard recently and I saw this a 2002 SEL with everything. 204,000 miles and I was thinking man this must have been nice. But to each his own.

Attachments

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
21 - 40 of 215 Posts