Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where did you find these floor mats?
They're original equipment mats that were only manufactured for a relatively short period. They come in a few colors, some are rarer than others. I used to have a set that was grey with black lettering. The only real place to find them these days is on Ebay, sometimes sets will show up. Just search for "Ford Taurus NOS Floor mats"
Thanks, I did a quick search. How come sellers list them as only being compatible through 2002 bulls?

What color did you like best/reccomend? (My interior is brown/tan)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Where did you find these floor mats?
They're original equipment mats that were only manufactured for a relatively short period. They come in a few colors, some are rarer than others. I used to have a set that was grey with black lettering. The only real place to find them these days is on Ebay, sometimes sets will show up. Just search for "Ford Taurus NOS Floor mats"
Thanks, I did a quick search. How come sellers list them as only being compatible through 2002 bulls?

What color did you like best/reccomend? (My interior is brown/tan)
They'll fit any year, but that was probably the last year they were officially made for. If you have a tan interior try to find a tan or black set.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Hit up the yards today looking for a console lid, as mine had cracked internally. Last car in the second yard I was at, in about the 50th Bull I checked, I found one that was in decent enough shape, with a small bonus.

2007 SEL, also had the woodgrain wheel but with it being a 4.5, not swappable.

Got it cleaned up and installed.

And put the knob in, thought I'd go for a change from the leather.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Had the car in last week to get another recharge + dye added, so they could find the slow leak.

Dropped it off last night, got the diagnosis today: cracked condenser (replaced in 2016, so out of warranty now). It'll be about $330-$360 including parts. Could be worse, but she's definitely getting a frown or two when I get her back.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I haven’t asked if it just cracked or was damaged from road debris. Plan to do so tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Hit up the yards today looking for a console lid, as mine had cracked internally. Last car in the second yard I was at, in about the 50th Bull I checked, I found one that was in decent enough shape, with a small bonus.

2007 SEL, also had the woodgrain wheel but with it being a 4.5, not swappable.

Got it cleaned up and installed.

And put the knob in, thought I'd go for a change from the leather.

I actually found a way to swap a 4.5 wheel to a 4.0 car without cutting wires. I'll show how it was done when I have time to do a writeup, lol

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #208 (Edited)
And it's back. Ended up only being $275, plus the $52 for the diagnostic + recharge the week prior.

As far as they can tell, the condenser simply failed - no evidence of road damage.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Broke 180k on the way to work today.

Did some work on the stereo this weekend, and the rear deck speakers are working again.

Still need to replace the moonroof control switch, and I’ll probably be doing tires in the fall along with a transmission service.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
It's been parked for a bit since the alternator is finally starting to go out. Finally scheduled to go in Tuesday to have it replaced.

I thought about doing it myself, but that's a big meh on that, honestly, and the rates aren't too bad.

·
Administrator
15,027 Posts
The alt on a DOHC is not what anyone would consider a walk in the park. If you found someone reputable willing to do it for a reasonable rate that's a W

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #215

Hopefully we're back on the road for a while. Running fine.

Factory alt was a bit grungy. Bearings are definitely shot too, the pulley comes to a quick stop compared to the new one.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Spent some time handling some age related issues this morning.

First up, the gauge cluster, which was both dusty and starting to haze up on the lens.

I appreciate that Ford ran the harness for traction control I don't have. This just 'plugs' into the blanking plate.

I really did debate about doing a white gauge face swap, especially since I can get the Centennial versions of the tach and fuel/temp assemblies, which have the white 'ears' for the upper center idiot lights, but for now, I just cleaned the faces, the lens, and the frame. Lot better to look at now.

The other age related issue: The clear film on the hood was sunrotted, cracked, and looked like crap.

And also wasn't coming off except in little chunks. So, two hours of manual labor later...

You can see the difference in the clear coat where the film was, and not 100% of the adhesive is off, but overall it looks a lot better. Unfortunately the clear on most of the upward surfaces on the car is finally starting to give it up, which while unfortunate, 18 years in this weather is better than a lot of cars could do.

Hopefully next weekend I'll have time to pull the headlights, to sand/seal them. The grille and spear I'll just replace with NOS units, they're still pretty cheap. Likely going to replace the windshield cowl and wiper arms after I have the windshield itself replaced in a week or two.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts