Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where did you find these floor mats?
They're original equipment mats that were only manufactured for a relatively short period. They come in a few colors, some are rarer than others. I used to have a set that was grey with black lettering. The only real place to find them these days is on Ebay, sometimes sets will show up. Just search for "Ford Taurus NOS Floor mats"
Thanks, I did a quick search. How come sellers list them as only being compatible through 2002 bulls?

What color did you like best/reccomend? (My interior is brown/tan)

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Where did you find these floor mats?
They're original equipment mats that were only manufactured for a relatively short period. They come in a few colors, some are rarer than others. I used to have a set that was grey with black lettering. The only real place to find them these days is on Ebay, sometimes sets will show up. Just search for "Ford Taurus NOS Floor mats"
Thanks, I did a quick search. How come sellers list them as only being compatible through 2002 bulls?

What color did you like best/reccomend? (My interior is brown/tan)
They'll fit any year, but that was probably the last year they were officially made for. If you have a tan interior try to find a tan or black set.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Hit up the yards today looking for a console lid, as mine had cracked internally. Last car in the second yard I was at, in about the 50th Bull I checked, I found one that was in decent enough shape, with a small bonus.

2007 SEL, also had the woodgrain wheel but with it being a 4.5, not swappable.

Got it cleaned up and installed.

And put the knob in, thought I'd go for a change from the leather.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Had the car in last week to get another recharge + dye added, so they could find the slow leak.

Dropped it off last night, got the diagnosis today: cracked condenser (replaced in 2016, so out of warranty now). It'll be about $330-$360 including parts. Could be worse, but she's definitely getting a frown or two when I get her back.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I haven’t asked if it just cracked or was damaged from road debris. Plan to do so tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Hit up the yards today looking for a console lid, as mine had cracked internally. Last car in the second yard I was at, in about the 50th Bull I checked, I found one that was in decent enough shape, with a small bonus.

2007 SEL, also had the woodgrain wheel but with it being a 4.5, not swappable.

Got it cleaned up and installed.

And put the knob in, thought I'd go for a change from the leather.

I actually found a way to swap a 4.5 wheel to a 4.0 car without cutting wires. I'll show how it was done when I have time to do a writeup, lol

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #208 (Edited)
And it's back. Ended up only being $275, plus the $52 for the diagnostic + recharge the week prior.

As far as they can tell, the condenser simply failed - no evidence of road damage.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Broke 180k on the way to work today.

Did some work on the stereo this weekend, and the rear deck speakers are working again.

Still need to replace the moonroof control switch, and I’ll probably be doing tires in the fall along with a transmission service.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts