Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Noob here,

Well, I have to say this Wagon surprises me every time I work on her. Discovered Duratec, Dual Exhaust, 6 Speaker Sound System ain't Shabby at all, Auto Head Lights, Courtesy Lights when Opened.

Recently, I love the shut down noise engine makes.

Quite impressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Noob here,

Well, I have to say this Wagon surprises me every time I work on her. Discovered Duratec, Dual Exhaust, 6 Speaker Sound System ain't Shabby at all, Auto Head Lights, Courtesy Lights when Opened.

Recently, I love the shut down noise engine makes.

Quite impressed.
Dual exhaust? That's an aftermarket mod if you have duals.

·
Registered
111 Posts
White 99, bought used about 15 yrs ago, still only 79K, always garaged, paint/interior like new. Replaced the crank sensor myself (thanks Scotty!), had the belt replaced (will do it myself if there's a next time), thermostat stuck closed the other day so I just took it out (it's always warm here), also fixed the temp gauge myself (bad sensor), and had a fuel pump replaced.
That's it, looks great, super reliable, prolly keep it forever.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My 1999 wagon has NO rear bar is there one from a later year that I can retrofit?
I realize this is six or seven months late but what rear bar are you talking about? I can’t tell if you are replying to the post about the spare tire and Chart’s reply. I don’t believe there is any bar there. It is the handle to the jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine's too handy to get rid of, inexpensive to maintain and I haven't made a car payment since May of 2000. Besides, after rebuilding the front and rear ends and fixing the A/C and rebuilding the transmission it's mechanically all of two years old now. No rust, everything works that needs to. It's a keeper.
Yes, I realize I’m quoting a five-year-old reply. Agreed on loving no car payments. I haven’t had one since 2005. In 2008, the last car that I paid for overtime was rear ended and I bought a 99 Taurus sedan. After that gave me a few problems, I bought a 96 Explorer. Follow that with a 2006 GMC Envoy, a 2001 Sable wagon, and now a 99 Taurus wagon. Yes, luckily I had the funds saved, especially for the Envoy.

It’s amazing how uncomplicated these cars are (especially the older ones) and how they seem to be unstoppable with just some basic care. At this point in my life I put very few miles on a car and it works out wonderfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts

41 - 50 of 50 Posts