Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While there aren't too many differences between a long roof and a sedan there are a few repairs and part issues specific to them. In order to facilitate finding and adding good threads about them to the Topic Finder please feel free to post links to specific threads here.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Yesterday'w project.

-chart-
I'll have to do that someday. I pumped a bunch of grease into the boots to help them survive a bit longer. But, who knows how much damage has already been done by 144K miles.

·
Registered
676 Posts
If it looks like a rose and smells like a rose . . . well, it's a rose.

From Car & Driver

"The 2005 Ford Freestyle intends to be a mid-size wagon that can host up to seven . . ."

Granted the term "station" wagon is diminishing. But wagons are still out there.
Volvo
Mercedes
Ford
Cadillac
BMW
Volkswagen
etc.

·
Administrator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From Ford's original marketing material:

"Freestyle is the crossover done right. We didn't try to adapt an existing minivan or sport utility platform. Freestyle is built from the ground up as a crossover with class-leading spaciousness, seven-passenger comfort, versatility and all-wheel-drive capability. And through it all, Freestyle will deliver with the value that defines it as a Ford. We believe these strengths give Freestyle the strongest potential to define the crossover market -- much like the Ford Explorer defined SUVs a decade ago."

- Phil Martens
Group Vice President, Product Creation, Ford Motor Company

That said, call it whatever makes you happy.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Mine's too handy to get rid of, inexpensive to maintain and I haven't made a car payment since May of 2000. Besides, after rebuilding the front and rear ends and fixing the A/C and rebuilding the transmission it's mechanically all of two years old now. No rust, everything works that needs to. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Apparently the word station wagon is not in Ford's lexicon.
Although some still use the word wagon. Sports Wagon, etc.
Here is one site that still uses the words station wagon.

LINK

The Ford Flex apparently is called a "crossover" - whatever that means.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
13 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing