Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
My 3G was Nokia-like, seriously I couldn't kill it. Never had a case, never cracked the screen.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I think this has a lot to do with why my some people love the iPhone and others hate it. I have their newest, flagship device and love it. Many people that are new to the iPhone are buying the discounted, outdated, older models though. With the newer software, they don't run anywhere near as well as they did when they were new.

Part of me wants to give kudos to Apple for supporting their phones for so long. Few other makers offer more than maybe one software update. Your iPhone 4 got four major updates. The 4S is about to get it's fourth as well. On the other hand, they have often pushed older hardware beyond its limits with newer software. It's hard not to see this as a planned obsolescence. The iPhone 4 is all but unusable with iOS 7. The 4S isn't much better. That said, most Android phones don't age well either.

I also can't say much for the build quality up until the 5 and 5s. The 4 and 4s were fragile junk. The 5c is also nowhere near the same standards. As much as I love my 5s, I'm going to have a close look at the 6 before I buy it.
That's very true about how old computers (phone chips) don't fare well with new software. I use my 3GS on OS6 as an iPod & its fasterer than my 4 on the new Os 7. I plan on waiting for the 2nd version of the iPhone 6, the better tweaked iPhone 6 S or 6C that they always release 4-6 months after the new version so I can be patient for the faster chip.

·
Registered
221 Posts
LG with beats audio good enough for me, soon your laptop will be in a phone along with some sort of debit scanner, will be interesting to see who wins

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
My 3G was Nokia-like, seriously I couldn't kill it. Never had a case, never cracked the screen.
Enter my Galaxy Nexus! At this time its running a CM 11 nightly, Android 4.4.4 kit kat. It has a Franco Kernel to overclock it to 1.5 GHz instead of the 1.2 GHz max stock. This phone gets dropped at least once a week, the housing on it has many dents and scratches, screen is perfect, needs a new battery at some point along with the battery cover. This phone has been great to me. Whenever I have a software issue, I just update it to a new nightly and its fixed! This phone is fantastic camera (IMO) is great, shutter speed is stupid fast and it the camera that takes all the pictures of Allison and the cars I see! Only thing I have a problem with is the.....actually I can't think of any issues at the moment!!!

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
That's very true about how old computers (phone chips) don't fare well with new software. I use my 3GS on OS6 as an iPod & its fasterer than my 4 on the new Os 7. I plan on waiting for the 2nd version of the iPhone 6, the better tweaked iPhone 6 S or 6C that they always release 4-6 months after the new version so I can be patient for the faster chip.

The new phones are released every 12 months, not 4-6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
I'll admit, I am an Apple fanboy. I love their products. They just work and I never have problems with them. Started out with apple back in the iPod mini days, moved onto a 2G nano, then onto a 2G iPod touch, then my iPhone 4 (favorite phone I've ever owned), then my current iPhone 5 (currently running iOS 8 beta 3), and will be upgrading to the 6 in the fall. I also have an iPad 2 (still runs the newest software very well), a Powermac G5 DC 2.0, and a mid 2013 MacBook Air 13". They do everything I ask them to do and more. After switching from Winblows to OSX, I could never go back.

I'm sure Sam will agree with me on this ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is the thread where the nerds come out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
LOL Crazy Song

/
"White & Nerdy"
They see me mowin'
My front lawn
I know they're all thinking
I'm so White N' nerdy

Think I'm just too white n' nerdy
Can't you see I'm white n' nerdy
Look at me I'm white n' nerdy!
I wanna roll with-
The gangsters
But so far they all think
I'm too white n' nerdy
I'm just too white n' nerdy
Really, really white n' nerdy

First in my class here at M.I.T.
Got skills, I'm a Champion of D&D
MC Escher that's my favorite MC
Keep your 40
I'll just have an Earl Grey tea
My rims never spin to the contrary
You'll find they're quite stationary
All of my action figures are cherry
Steven Hawking's in my library
My MySpace page is all totally pimped out
I got people begging for my top 8 spaces
Yo I know Pi to a thousand places
Ain't got no grills but I still wear braces
I order all of my sandwiches with mayonnaise
I'm a whiz at minesweeper I can play for days
Once you see my sweet moves you're gonna stay amazed,
my fingers movin' so fast I'll set the place ablaze
There's no killer app I haven't run
At Pascal, well, I'm number 1
Do vector calculus just for fun
I ain't got a gat but I got a soldering gun
"Happy Days" is my favourite theme song
I can sure kick your butt in a game of ping pong
I'll ace any trivia quiz you bring on
I'm fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon
Here's the part I sing on

They see me roll on, my Segway!
I know in my heart they think I'm
white n' nerdy!
Can't you see I'm white n' nerdy
Look at me I'm white n' nerdy
I'd like to roll with-
The gangsters
Although it's apparent I'm too
White n' nerdy
How'd I get so white n' nerdy?

I've been browsing, inspectin'
X-men comics you know I collect 'em
The pens in my pocket
I must protect 'em
my ergonomic keyboard never leaves me bored
Shopping online for deals on some writable media
I edit Wikipedia
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
I got a business doing web sites
When my friends need some code who do they call?
I do HTML for them all
Even made a homepage for my dog!
Yo! Got myself a fanny pack
they were having a sale down at the GAP
Spend my nights with a roll of bubble wrap
POP POP! Hope no one sees me gettin' freaky!

I'm nerdy in the extreme and whiter than sour cream
I was in AV club and Glee club and even the chess team!
Only question I ever thought was hard
Was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
I spend every weekend
at the renaissance fair
I got my name on my underwear!

They see me strollin'
They laughin'
And rollin' their eyes 'cause
I'm so white n' nerdy
Just because I'm white n' nerdy
Just because I'm white n' nerdy
All because I'm white n' nerdy
Holy cow I'm white n' nerdy
I wanna bowl with-
the gangsters
but oh well it's obvious I'm
white n' nerdy
Look at me I'm white n' nerdy!

·
Registered
221 Posts
HAL 9000
Imsorry dave, i dont think i can do that lol

Three Laws of Robotics
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

·
Registered
221 Posts
sry did i kill this thread lol, heard on the radio today that 416 area code phone numbers are being sold for thousands of dollars, i have one, possibly 2 of them weeeee, have to look for all my old phones and get the sim cards out. In toronto 416 area code was the first one and then they added 647 and a couple more i think because they ran out of 416

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
iOS 8 looks SOOOOO much like android and all the "revolutionary" iPhone 6 stuff was available on androids years ago.
Fail.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
iOS 8 looks SOOOOO much like android and all the "revolutionary" iPhone 6 stuff was available on androids years ago.

Fail.

Okay, whatever floats your boat.

At least it won't have UI lag.

BURN!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Never would've guessed that you would attack me if I attacked Apple... What a surprise.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Never would've guessed that you would attack me if I attacked Apple... What a surprise.

I didnt. I recognize baiting. I said "whatever floats your boat".

You have an iPhone, so I still make money even if you don't like Apple.

Being a shareholder is wonderful. I look around and see all these Apple devices, and all these Beats headphones, and I just smile at all the billions and billions of dollars. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Yes, I'm sure you'll be riding in a Bentley any day now.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Fail.
You crack me up. I don't know what your deal is but you seem to get this joy out of baiting people, and not just on here, I've seen it on Facebook as well. I don't know why you like arguing or debating so much with everyone but it sure isn't entertaining. You know Brad likes Apple, so why the hell would you even talk about it? You haven't even mentioned Apple since Brad's departure over the summer, then he comes back and BAM you're on here starting crap. Then you pretend to be surprised when he responds to you? What the f**k did you think was going to happen? Please.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You crack me up. I don't know what your deal is but you seem to get this joy out of baiting people, and not just on here, I've seen it on Facebook as well. I don't know why you like arguing or debating so much with everyone but it sure isn't entertaining. You know Brad likes Apple, so why the hell would you even talk about it? You haven't even mentioned Apple since Brad's departure over the summer, then he comes back and BAM you're on here starting crap. Then you pretend to be surprised when he responds to you? What the f**k did you think was going to happen? Please.
Well, let's see. Did Apple release any new iOS when he was gone? No. And does iOS 8 texting/messaging look a lot like android's has for years? Yes.

21 - 40 of 362 Posts
About this Discussion
361 Replies
28 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing