Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tcca Wiki

42K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  OlBlueCJ7 
G
#1 ·
A little known secret of the TCCA is the wiki. It is a collection of modification and maintenance articles written by TCCA members just like you. Every member has the ability to add new articles to the wiki, and to modify existing articles to make them better. Feel free to check there first if you are looking for a detailed writeup before posting in the maintenance/repair forum.

However, with all of the writeups and posts in the maintenance forum, it's hard to find good and helpful posts. We need you to submit any articles that you wrote, or were helpful to you in solving a problem. You should be able to copy/paste the post directly into the wiki. If you need help, feel free to pm a mod or admin. Or, you can post the link to the topic here, and we can add it for you. :thumb:

#3 ·
What ever happened to the old school writeups we had before the Wiki? I don't think all of those made it to the Wiki before they disappeared.

#4 ·
Wow it looks like people with underscores in their names can add stuff now :woot:

Sweet, I'll have to add a thing or two :)

#5 ·
Put up my Gen4 mesh grille how-to...I'll figure out the pics later B)

#9 ·
I've been trying to edit some information in the Wiki, but articles that have been in there, including one I wrote, are locked for editing. I PM'd Jason and Adam about it a week or so ago, but haven't heard back from either of them. What's up with this? There is some incorrect information in one of the articles that needs to be corrected.

JR

#10 ·
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jun 13 2006, 05:10 AM
I've been trying to edit some information in the Wiki, but articles that have been in there, including one I wrote, are locked for editing. I PM'd Jason and Adam about it a week or so ago, but haven't heard back from either of them. What's up with this? There is some incorrect information in one of the articles that needs to be corrected.

JR
Breathe... It will be OK JR, the world won't come to an end. ;)

G
#12 ·
I just check, none of the pages should be locked except for the initial page.

Also, permissions are set by group, everyone should have the same permissions.

Great writeups by the way kiwitaurus. :thumb:

#13 ·
Originally posted by EDIII+Jun 13 2006, 05:03 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EDIII @ Jun 13 2006, 05:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-godspunk32@Jun 13 2006, 05:10 AM
I've been trying to edit some information in the Wiki, but articles that have been in there, including one I wrote, are locked for editing.  I PM'd Jason and Adam about it a week or so ago, but haven't heard back from either of them.  What's up with this?  There is some incorrect information in one of the articles that needs to be corrected.

JR
Breathe... It will be OK JR, the world won't come to an end. ;) [/b][/quote]
Umm...OK... :unsure:

All articles are locked to me. When I go into the Modifications/Aluminum Subframe Bushing Installation article I wrote, I see the following:

This page has been locked to prevent editing; there are a number of reasons why this may be so, please see Project:protected page.

You can view and copy the source of this page:
JR

#17 ·
Today, I found a 1986-1995 Taurus repair manual in the garage. Maybe I'll use it and write up some "how tos" on the Wiki.

#18 ·
There's already a free repair manual on AutoZone's website, you'll just be wasting your time copy and pasting from the printed manual. Mainly we'd like first-hand experience and pictures since the manuals tend to leave out some steps anyways.

#19 ·
Alright, I'll just leave it alone then. :thumb:

#20 ·
:bump: Combined the two Wiki topics into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.