Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks good man! Definitely an interesting project, but you can't really appreciate it as much, until it is seen in person. Glad to see the pics of the finished project! Keep up to good work man.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Totally insane but I love your ingenuity and tons of hard work. Much as I love the new LS engines, everyone ignores the poor old Vulcan V6. For that, try some more insanity and check out Tom Morana's site, blowers and cams and all sorts of interesting stuff. (Did you know the Vulcan uses the same roller lifters as the old 5.0 V8 Mustangs?)
Tom Morana Racing Engines
Keep it up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Found time to add a couple things ;)

At this point I have a DVD touch screen with blue tooth audio, phone and back up camera. I recently added a remote start/keyless entry system. There's something pretty awesome seeing a 23 yr old car start itself with glowing red headlights.

I am the supposed LEDgod:thumb: So I might need to add a few. But my old front brakes sucked!!! They were so bad I couldn't even mount my lights on them due to rust. So why not upgrade, what's money anyway :bellyroll: It had measly 10" rotors, 10's!!! Upgrade to 2007 Taurus calipers and 12" rotors. Check out the comparison below. Oh, I made my own dust shields while I was at it. Why wouldn't I just paint the calipers body color too :popcorn:

They turned out awesome!!! And my lights, wellllll I am a god after all :first:

Cheers to everyone and keep all the positive words coming :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I don't like camaros but that did turn out pretty good IMO. Should a done a mustang though! :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ya'll didn't think I was done did you?

I have finally finished, whew! Inside and out I have finally finished my transformation from 1991 Ford Taurus to TAMARO!!! Currently still running my 3.0 Vulcan with 244,5XX miles. No issues :lol2:

Pic's are showing a current photo, driven daily:rolleyes2:. Finished dash, before seats and wheel. Finished seats with black suede with double stitched diamond pattern, red alligator and 30 feet of dream color moving LED's with 300 patterns. Audio is 2 full sets of Hertz MLK165 components, 2 8" Infinity subs and 2 10" Competition Subs. 3 Hifonics amps giving 3000 watts RMS. Custom LED lite Headliner. Finally I put a 7" TV in the Steering wheel because well, I COULD!!!

Love it or hate it, it exists :wub:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Definite points for creativity, although at this point I think you need a true custom wheel in that bad boy. The default one screams 1990 :lol2:

The TV was a nice touch though. I'm assuming you gave up the airbag to get that working?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Gotta keep the wheel to keep working cruise and horns. I worked a couple days on hand sewing a suede outer rim, not up to my standards yet. And that airbag hasn't worked in 14years ;)

No computer, still have it though. I went more classy, think Bentley or Bugatti. No plastic anywhere inside car. Name another car like that now days. Everything is soft, the seats all even have memory foam:)

Love the new pic!!!!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Gotta keep the wheel to keep working cruise and horns. I worked a couple days on hand sewing a suede outer rim, not up to my standards yet. And that airbag hasn't worked in 14years ;)

No computer, still have it though. I went more classy, think Bentley or Bugatti. No plastic anywhere inside car. Name another car like that now days. Everything is soft, the seats all even have memory foam:)

Love the new pic!!!!
You could always try getting a newer wheel from a later model Taurus and retrofitting it, although you'd probably be entering uncharted territory. Or you can get an aftermarket racing wheel and create custom switches for the horn and cruise system.

Also, minor touch, but I think if you redid the rubber lining on the rear speakers to something that doesn't have the "ridges", it would look better.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow, love the creativity! I'm also impressed with the fearless enthusiasm to teach yourself new skills :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well I have been busy...

Just to update you all even though poor Sinnamon has been hit twice I have fixed her every time. True love:wub: She currently has 260k and literally has people follow me through neighborhoods video'ing me out there windows:lol2: In a town full of Lambo's and Rolls Royce I win!:eek:

The pics you see below are not Taurus related, even I can't turn a Taurus into a giant Mercedes. But I did only pay $480 for what you see below. Let that sink in, the Tamaro cost me $500 back in 2001. This 1998 S Class Mercedes, originally $80k cost me $480!!! :lol2: Did it run? No, lol. I fixed litterally everything on the car for mere pennies. What I couldn't "find" at the junk yard I bough cheaply on ebay. My Mom said it would have been easier to say what did work when I got it!

Fixed

1. Engine Knocking
2. Trans only had 2nd and reverse
3. Cooling system
4. Cruise Control
5. ABS/ASR lights
6. Pneumatic Closing Doors and trunk

Added

1. Killer Bluetooth stereo with Sundown Audio sub
2. HID's
3. Chrome Wheels
4. Actual dual mode muffler off Corvette, YES it sounds like a Vette now B)

Oh, and I did what you see in the pictures below!!!

1. Custom Hood
2. Custom 1967 Camaro Spoiler "fitted"
3. Front chin spoiler
4. Removed antennae and headlight wipers
5. Painted it Daytona Blue Pearl with 3 coats of holographic metal flake

Last picture is the before shot... You can't see in photo but literally every single body panel was damaged. Car had been hit many times, door dinged, and smashed all around. Probably cause its so GD huge:p;)

I mean I have been bored ;) Hope you guys like it:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Just to update you all even though poor Sinnamon has been hit twice I have fixed her every time. True love:wub: She currently has 260k and literally has people follow me through neighborhoods video'ing me out there windows:lol2: In a town full of Lambo's and Rolls Royce I win!:eek:

The pics you see below are not Taurus related, even I can't turn a Taurus into a giant Mercedes. But I did only pay $480 for what you see below. Let that sink in, the Tamaro cost me $500 back in 2001. This 1998 S Class Mercedes, originally $80k cost me $480!!! :lol2: Did it run? No, lol. I fixed litterally everything on the car for mere pennies. What I couldn't "find" at the junk yard I bough cheaply on ebay. My Mom said it would have been easier to say what did work when I got it!

Fixed

1. Engine Knocking
2. Trans only had 2nd and reverse
3. Cooling system
4. Cruise Control
5. ABS/ASR lights
6. Pneumatic Closing Doors and trunk

Added

1. Killer Bluetooth stereo with Sundown Audio sub
2. HID's
3. Chrome Wheels
4. Actual dual mode muffler off Corvette, YES it sounds like a Vette now B)

Oh, and I did what you see in the pictures below!!!

1. Custom Hood
2. Custom 1967 Camaro Spoiler "fitted"
3. Front chin spoiler
4. Removed antennae and headlight wipers
5. Painted it Daytona Blue Pearl with 3 coats of holographic metal flake

Last picture is the before shot... You can't see in photo but literally every single body panel was damaged. Car had been hit many times, door dinged, and smashed all around. Probably cause its so GD huge:p;)

I mean I have been bored ;) Hope you guys like it:D
Nice work!! How's the interior?

BTW I loved the Tamaro build thread on the Camaro forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Honestly, bad as the rest of the car. I cleaned it and put it back together. It's not worth the effort on a $480 junker like this.

Thanks, the fellow Camaro owners def didn't accept the Tamaro like the Taurus owners did. I sold my Camaro, Sinnamon is with me for life ?

Nice work!! How's the interior?

BTW I loved the Tamaro build thread on the Camaro forum.[/QUOTE]

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,755 Posts
Interesting. If you want to make a few more heads explode, swap out those Chevy bowties for some Subaru constellation emblems. ;)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts