Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that I've heard of, at least. OK, here's what happened; my sister's '02 SE, the same one that was T-boned in traffic two months ago (see the original thread about it here under General Discussion) had a problem Sunday night- the MIL came on and the car was shaking while running because of an extremely rough, erratic idle. She took it to a local shop in St. Louis on Tuesday to find the problem, and today came the answer: :beaver: HUNGRY SQUIRRELS! Those furry, nut munching bastards chewed through some wiring under the chassis and up along the lower half of the firewall, which wreaked all kinds of havoc with the PCM and other on-board electronics. Who the hell ever thought that freakin' squirrels were a driving hazard??? :headscratch:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
A friend of mine used to have a '97 Eclipse...it sat for a few weeks, and some groundhogs decided to move in under the hood.

He didn't know this until he tried to start the engine. That was an ...interesting cleanup :noes:

:lol:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Eww, there are groundhog parts stuck to my MIVEC!" :ugh: I wonder if they saw their shadows just before they saw the light?

·
Registered
681 Posts
97s didn't come with MIVEC anythings.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, don't be "That Guy" who points out the factual errors in someone else's jokes. It was only meant to be funny. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: See?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thats funny. I had a major issue on old toyota tercel. No lights at all, wierd idle issues. I got under th car and found that a dog looked to have chased a cat under the hood and tore the hell out of the wiring. Had a cat under the hood once of my old 68... Started it up and heard a skreech!.. Nuff said..lol How bad was the wiring? Repairable or new harness?

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (I own a Torres :) @ Apr 29 2009, 06:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721731
Thats funny. I had a major issue on old toyota tercel. No lights at all, wierd idle issues. I got under th car and found that a dog looked to have chased a cat under the hood and tore the hell out of the wiring. Had a cat under the hood once of my old 68... Started it up and heard a skreech!.. Nuff said..lol How bad was the wiring? Repairable or new harness?[/b]

How bad? REALLY BAD. New harness and connectors bad. If I ever see one of those rodents within ten feet of her car or mine, I'll f**king shoot it. :shoot:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Years ago my uncle worked at a Ford Dealership and a mechanic found a snake curled up near the air filter. All the men were afraid to go near it. A lady from the insurance office next door grabbed it and put it in a cloth bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts