Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. I had just seen a movie at the Winnetka Pacific 21 Theatres.. And we go looking through the parking lot, since it's Friday night: don't they come out on Friday night? So we find this Civic with aftermarket bumpers, fenders and according to the owner "4 G Rims"

So I whip out my Digital Camera and take some pictures in the Movie-Studio-light parking lot.. When I take the last picture I notice the owners coming towards us. My friends ask them a few questions.. "No, there's nothing under the hood." "those are 4 G rims" "Nawww, the body man was anal".. So then one of my friends says, "Oh, so you wouldn't take us on? We have 5 people.." They then said something to the effect that they thought we were crazy if we expected them to even keep up with us, in our "SHOw"... Hmm. And I thought it would take more then that to take out a Civic.

here are the pictures.

Click here for larger picture

Cick here for larger picture

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I hate huge rims with nothing behind them. I saw a big Caddy SUV riding on what were probably 21's with the stock rotors, there had to be like 6 inches of dead space between the rotor and the rim. Ugly stuff.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm NOT taking up for japanese car owners or even worse, God forbid, Honda owners
.....but that isn't a bad looking Civic if you ask me. There are three things that get my goat on a rice mobile; 1) a huge aluminum wing, 2) stupid sticker, and 3) fart bomb mufflers. This one didn't seem to have any of those...unless it sounded like it was ready to blow when he cranked it. I don't even think the bodywork was that bad really.

As for the SUV with 21's comment. There is no excuse for screwed up engineering such as that. It doesn't exactly make, well....ANY statement. What are people thinking???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Blue Vulcan@Apr 13 2004, 04:54 AM
that isn't a bad looking Civic if you ask me.
It's a great looking car. It's just not a fast car. It's a Cruiser.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
...except for the "perfectly wonderful" part.

Let me clarify for everyone... "4 G rims" isn't referring to $4,000. It's referring to the letter G imprinted on each of the 4 center caps.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
big rims + rubber band tires + drum brakes = rice?

I hope you are kidding since many of us Taurus owners that will put rims on there car will not have the mechanical know how to do a disc conversion.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Doesn't look bad to me. I've seen waaaaaaaaay worse. Plus they've got respect for the SHO. Good for them, they're learning.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by Zeptoplix@Apr 14 2004, 01:10 PM
big rims + rubber band tires + drum brakes = rice?

I hope you are kidding since many of us Taurus owners that will put rims on there car will not have the mechanical know how to do a disc conversion.
ok... let me rephrase that.

True.... I once had 17" wheels with 225/45-17 tires and drum brakes...... I my car rice? Maybe... or according to your avatar sig it might "ghetto".

So I might be supercritical on the Honda... but its still :rice: At least he didn't paint his drums bright yellow.

So what is it when you see a domestic car with Asian glyph's? Corn?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts