Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
He's using the Morimoto H1, I think his are the version 3's. Now they're on version 4.1, not because of quality issues, but because of them revising the beam pattern. I'm rolling with the OG version 1's lol, but they're great. As for the price, you can do it yourself without too much trouble, the entire projector kit (w/o angel eyes) is now $120 + shipping. Then you have to purchase the HID kit, which can be $30-$60, or you can buy the whole package from the site; they offer higher quality stuff, so the price is a bit higher than purchasing from ebay.

Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 4.1 - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
This man speaks the truth. I use The Retrofit Source for all my HID needs. The harness that they make is just amazing as well as all their other products like crystal clear lens replicas.

I used the "Bi-xenon: Infiniti FX45" with clear replica lenses. Prices have defiantly went down since i did my retrofit tho haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am amazed at the amount of money some of you have put into the lowly Taurus. For me it is just my commuter car. However, I really appreciate all the information I have found here to keep it going for another 150K.

I have been fortunate enough to have owned, raced, or rallied some of the greatest cars in the world, including a 300SL gullwing, a Ferrari Lusso Berlinetta, an original 427 racing Cobra (I drove this beast on the San Francisco area streets - What a riot) and two SCCA Corvettes (63 and 65). This, to me, is where you put your money and, for those of you who like to go fast, get a racing license and do it on the track, not the streets. However, the run in with the law on my lttle Gixxer is a pretty funny story. The look on his face when the helmet came off and the white hair came out was priceless.

Again, I'm glad I found this site and thanks for all the tips and info.

·
Registered
610 Posts
This man speaks the truth. I use The Retrofit Source for all my HID needs. The harness that they make is just amazing as well as all their other products like crystal clear lens replicas.

I used the "Bi-xenon: Infiniti FX45" with clear replica lenses. Prices have defiantly went down since i did my retrofit tho haha.
Detailed pics of crystal lenses please? I love the way those look.

·
Registered
260 Posts
my question is. on a scale of 1-10 how hard would it be to do this retro fit? i have been after someone to do it for me but after looking at it again i recon i could do it myself just want to knwo how much skill would be involved. sorry to hijak

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Aiming them is the hardest part really.. All u need is some an oven, a couple knifes, silicone, a drimmel tool, paint and patience lol. There are a bunch of how-to's on The Retrofit Source.

As for the clear lenses... here is the difference (output wise) between the factory lenses and the clear replicas.

OEM FX vs. Replica FX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts